Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: King coilovers!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

King coilovers!!

Hey guys... doing some searching tonight and I found the King Coilovers are available for XK's and WK's!!

Part number is 25001-163. They're designed for 2-3.5" of lift. Current price i've seen is $1400 for the set (about right for resi coilovers).

According to the King Catalog, they say that "custom lengths are available". I sent them an E-mail asking how much a 3.5-5" coilover would cost for our vehicles.... that would be ideal in conjunction with the 4" Superlift.

If that's drastically more, I bet the 2-3.5" coilover with a .5" spacer (totaling up to 4.5" lift) would work quite well.

Figured i'd get the word out there. Found the price at DezertDepot: http://www.dezertdepot.com/products/...ar=42-829-2007

Oh, and for anyone who thinks the price is steep... take a look at the JBA 2-4" coilovers. Save a grand with the King's... I'd use that $1000 savings to buy some JBA UCA's and 4xG Sliders

I'll let you guys know what King says when i get their E-mail back. I'm hoping that a 3.5-5" set is basically the same price (i'd think these are just about built to order...)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    That's awesome man great find!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    I love options! Who knows how long my Bilstein struts will last?
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

I really think we're at the beginning of a whole host of aftermarket parts for our vehicles.... so this is definitely good news and supports that theory!

Interested in seeing what the longer version will cost. if they're ridiculous in price then i'll just end up with the 2-3.5" version and a spacer. Hell, im tempted to go that route regardless just so I can fix my front end sag while I continue to save up for the SL...

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between a strut/spring combo and a coilover? I tried searching so I didn't look like a fool, but all I could come up with was that a coilover was adjustable. Is that the only advantage? Can you adjust dampening, rebound, and preload?

3 main features:

1) Adjustability
    2) Longer length spring allows for a more optimal spring rate and damping control. Basically, the longer the spring, the less the spring force will change for a given range of motion. Result is better ride, control, and predictability offroad.
    3) More suspension travel (depending on which, limiting straps may be required).

Oh and yes, with these you can also adjust the damping by increasing/decreasing pressure in the reservoir. Not all coilovers allow that though.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between a strut/spring combo and a coilover? I tried searching so I didn't look like a fool, but all I could come up with was that a coilover was adjustable. Is that the only advantage? Can you adjust dampening, rebound, and preload?
    i was hoping someone would ask these questions...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Great find Matt.

Now here is a question.....What would you prefer? Coilovers or OME lift?
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Doc in AZ's Avatar
    complete waste of money.... you'll never use even a fraction of the capability of that shock.

i've been doing business with king since they were a start-up and building in their garage. a reservoir is good for when you are getting the shock oil hot from all the cycling up and down like a desert runner. a good set of pro-comp mx-6 adjustable shocks is all you really need and they are about a hundred bucks a piece.
    Stone Soup Metal Works, L.L.C.
    623.939.WELD
    5037 N. 54th Ave - Suite #5 85301
    Residential - Commercial - Automotive
    See our work on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Thats a cool tool you have there...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information