Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: THE Roof Rack Thread (Details and pictures of everyones roof rack)

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    I finally got my Rage rack up this weekend. Since I have the sport utility bars I had to go with the u-bolts like Sal originally had. Once I have time it will be coming off again so I can bed line it and the hardware. The hardware is obviously silver and the rack looked like it came used because there were paint chips missing in a couple areas. So to avoid rusting the entire thing will get the bed liner treatment.

2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    I've redone mine in the front end. Gone is the halogens and chopped-in-half lengthwise 4" ABS (Wind break) and replaced with a 40 inch LED bar. It's high noon out front at midnight with that thing on!!

And, new camera setup in the back. I can now see the very edge of the rear winch, so I can edge right up to within 1" of something behind me.

The new look, as I added a 30 inch LED bar to replace the round HID's that were on the front bumper. There's something like 40,000 lumens blasting forward now. I can see the tops of trees and telephone poles as well as 3,000 feet of what's ahead. That's my buddy Mike leaning on the Jeep during one of our outings. The long green thing is a Foxwing awning.

The Foxwing in action.
    Last edited by Adondo; 06-05-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Ill add to the lights photo and post up my new hella 4000 euros mounted on the rack.

Its a bit hard to see cause its super black from some plastidip I covered the covers with.

2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Looking good guys!!

Adondo which 40" LED bar is that? I've been thinking about getting one but no way in hell am I buying a 40" Rigid for the little i'll actually use it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Mine's a Totron from eBay, such as this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321089814204...84.m1423.l2649
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Cool that was one I was looking at. How do you like it? The other one I was considering was the 42" Tough-Light... but that's still pretty pricey, however I think Jon is a vendor IIRC.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post

Its a bit hard to see cause its super black from some plastidip I covered the covers with.

Turned out looking good ! I'll have to try that stuff sometime myself, didn't know what all it could be used on.

Quote Originally Posted by Adondo View Post
    The long green thing is a Foxwing awning.
    I have heard good things about those portable shade Foxwings.

Hopefully in a month or two I will be able to help contribute to this thread.
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Member Looking for Dirt
    Add me to the Rola/Unistrut list.

I used deep channel unistrut...a 10ft piece cut in half. My mounts are the unistrut channel mounts in the stock "gutters" with a hex screw and washers. The spacer is simply a threaded coupler measuring 1.5". What I like about the set up is that the tension on the mounts to the roof rails is separate from the tension on the basket. I've had it all installed for 5 days now and no wobbles/looseness at all. I bought the Rola and the extension. I really like how it all looks put together. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (4).jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	2163

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    .... I really like how it all looks put together.
    I Agree, Wow sweet looking ! ( need more pics)!
    2010 Limited > 5.7 > Pearl Black > QDII > 4" Superlift w-SSR > Bilstein HD Struts + 1/4" spacer > RCV cv Axles > JBA 6" Springs + Matt's 1/2" Spacer > BDS adj LCA > 285-65-18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT's > Moto Metal 951 > K&N CAI > Flowmaster 50 > 4xGuard-Front/Belly skids + Grill Hoop w/ Front Receiver + Rear Diff. Guard > PIIA 520 ATP > Front Camera > Steel Armadillo's Rear Bumper/Tire/ Blitz Carrier/Super Sliders +Secure Console > Dual Batteries > OBA > JKS Rear-JBA Front Discos > FlashPaq

Looks good Ryan! Definitely need some more pictures, especially how you mounted the unistrut

Ron when are you going to post up your defender??? it's been a loooong time coming!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information