Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Defence Discussion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I say shotgun for two simple reasons... They stop the bad guy AND keep the bullet in your house so no innocent person is injured or killed by a loose round.
    Never understood people who thought a pistol was the best bet. Shotgun is the way to go. A pump action would be best. Everyone knows that sound of racking a round. That itself can make the bad guy change their mind..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    My vote is shotgun because of the previously said reasons. I agree with Dan, if you hear the rack of the pump and stick around to find out what that noise was......you are an idiot. Altho, on either a shotgun or pistol i would use a flashlight attachment. This way you can make sure you are shooting in the right directio and at the intruder. ...not your loved ones.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Good point on the flash light. Thats one thing I always worried about at my old house. My parents room was at the top of the stairs. And well my dad always had a pistol under the matress. How would he know it was me when I got home late. What if he blew me away..damn..thats intense..haha

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i wouldnt be racking no shotgun, its already loaded and ready to go. too much hollywood in " racking a shotgun " or the slide on a pistol.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    i wouldnt be racking no shotgun, its already loaded and ready to go. too much hollywood in " racking a shotgun " or the slide on a pistol.
    Very true. But I would rather try to get them out of the house before shooting them out..

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    As the title states, lets discuss opinions on what is the best "Home Defence" weapon. Some say shotguns, some say pistols, some say rifles. So lets here what you think and why.........
    In an apartment, I might go with a shotgun - with #4 buckshot as a good manstopper, that still won't 'overpenetrate' modern particleboard wall construction. Shotguns really are the most unwieldy of weapons though, and I'd probably still default to a pistol were I surprised by a bump in the night. If I know the urban zombie/golden horde were definitely coming TO-NIGHT... then I'd have the shotgun at the ready.

In my three story house with a full basement, I go this route.

Upper was custom made by Addax, Inc, out of Los Angeles. 14.5" Sabre bbl with pinned/welded Phantom comp for legal length. 1:7 twist, chrome-lined bbl set in a Vltor MUR 1A upper. BCM lower has a Giselle SSA trigger. Insight Proxima HX120 sheds more light on the matter, for the Aimpoint T-1 to focus on. 69gr. Privi JHP's git 'r' done. If the urban zombies/golden horde comes down MY street, that's how I'll greet 'em.

I still tend to default to a 1911 for regular carry and home patrol work, though...

'07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Very Nice
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    A flash light will also give your position away making it loads easier to shoot you and also I can tell were you're looking because you will starring where ever the light is pointed. Racking the shotgun yes it is a unmistakable sound and will send most people running but so will you announcing you have a gun. The reason I think leaving chamber empty so you can rack it is a good idea because that pause it takes you to rack it is time for you to think and avoid mistakes. Lets face it most people breaking in your house think its empty and will split when you start moving. The home invaders will take a little more convincing to leave like starring down the barrel of a tricked out shotgun

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    A flash light will also give your position away making it loads easier to shoot you and also I can tell were you're looking because you will starring where ever the light is pointed. Racking the shotgun yes it is a unmistakable sound and will send most people running but so will you announcing you have a gun. The reason I think leaving chamber empty so you can rack it is a good idea because that pause it takes you to rack it is time for you to think and avoid mistakes. Lets face it most people breaking in your house think its empty and will split when you start moving. The home invaders will take a little more convincing to leave like starring down the barrel of a tricked out shotgun
    This is true, but I would rather have the light and not shoot at shadows. I don't know about your house, but one quick sweep of the light will show my whole room quickly.

Can you get a "wide angle" light? Something that lights up more area.

I'd rather not chamber a round till I'm completely sure I heard an intruder, but that's just me.
    Last edited by IamJEEP; 08-08-2011 at 08:35 AM.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Can you get a "wide angle" light? Something that lights up more area.
    yeah, we call that interior lighting, don't know what the people south of the (Ohio) border call it.
    Last edited by cico7; 08-08-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information