I know police use flash lights and I get it. They are also trained to use those lights properly with multiple other cops using them all together. There also not defending territory while doing it either you are the situations are different and bad guys usually run from cops if there still in your house at this point bro there not running so just kill them. Take advantage of all the things on your side giving you an edge that I stated and I'm pretty sure you will turn out on top. FYI my alarm being as loud as it is takes another sense from the bad guy that I don't need and can do with out and thats hearing. Neither of us could here a gun go off in my house when that thing is on but I'm probably the only one that use to operating and thinking clearly in that type of environment. So who comes in will have a sight and hearing disadvantage plus a knowledge of the layout disadvantage like I said just keep staking the deck in your favor so god for bid that day ever comes the chances that you're the one walking away is high. Also please rehearse what you will do if someone comes in your house. This will shave seconds of your response as well as calm you down a little if it does happen.Go over once in your head as you lay down for bed as well. You will be surprised if you tell your self what to do just before you fall a sleep that you will actually do it subconsciously if it happens. I have to kinda of do the opposite and tell my mind to ignore certain things so I can sleep at night with out sleeping pills.