Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
As the title states, lets discuss opinions on what is the best "Home Defence" weapon. Some say shotguns, some say pistols, some say rifles. So lets here what you think and why.........
In an apartment, I might go with a shotgun - with #4 buckshot as a good manstopper, that still won't 'overpenetrate' modern particleboard wall construction. Shotguns really are the most unwieldy of weapons though, and I'd probably still default to a pistol were I surprised by a bump in the night. If I know the urban zombie/golden horde were definitely coming TO-NIGHT... then I'd have the shotgun at the ready.

In my three story house with a full basement, I go this route.

Upper was custom made by Addax, Inc, out of Los Angeles. 14.5" Sabre bbl with pinned/welded Phantom comp for legal length. 1:7 twist, chrome-lined bbl set in a Vltor MUR 1A upper. BCM lower has a Giselle SSA trigger. Insight Proxima HX120 sheds more light on the matter, for the Aimpoint T-1 to focus on. 69gr. Privi JHP's git 'r' done. If the urban zombies/golden horde comes down MY street, that's how I'll greet 'em.

I still tend to default to a 1911 for regular carry and home patrol work, though...