Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Defence Discussion

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    .. The last time my alarm went off the first thing I did was get count of my family. Hit the wife check she's there kicked in my daughters room check she's there and still sleeping LOL My sons room not there ok pause situation changes kids under 3' tall no barrel exposure below my shoulders check...
    Ok so what happend?
    This is excellent info, thank you....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Ok so what happend?
    My bad little bugger woke up and went in the garage looking for me. Found him balling his eyes out by the door. Oh and my daughter never woke up and my alarm is so loud you litterly can't her your self scream it vibrates your hole body LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Lol, she sleeps like a log! You could probably steal the bed from under her. I knew a guy like that, you could paint his whole face with a sharpie and he would not wake up at all. Lol....good times.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Ok so what happend?
    Yes it is, this is the reason i started this thread. I am open minded and respect everyobes opinion. I'm starting not tolike the flashlight idea. So, keep them opinions coming.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I know police use flash lights and I get it. They are also trained to use those lights properly with multiple other cops using them all together. There also not defending territory while doing it either you are the situations are different and bad guys usually run from cops if there still in your house at this point bro there not running so just kill them. Take advantage of all the things on your side giving you an edge that I stated and I'm pretty sure you will turn out on top. FYI my alarm being as loud as it is takes another sense from the bad guy that I don't need and can do with out and thats hearing. Neither of us could here a gun go off in my house when that thing is on but I'm probably the only one that use to operating and thinking clearly in that type of environment. So who comes in will have a sight and hearing disadvantage plus a knowledge of the layout disadvantage like I said just keep staking the deck in your favor so god for bid that day ever comes the chances that you're the one walking away is high. Also please rehearse what you will do if someone comes in your house. This will shave seconds of your response as well as calm you down a little if it does happen.Go over once in your head as you lay down for bed as well. You will be surprised if you tell your self what to do just before you fall a sleep that you will actually do it subconsciously if it happens. I have to kinda of do the opposite and tell my mind to ignore certain things so I can sleep at night with out sleeping pills.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    all the information in here is very good & keep it coming.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I know police use flash lights and I get it. They are also trained to use those lights properly with multiple other cops using them all together. There also not defending territory while doing it either you are the situations are different and bad guys usually run from cops if there still in your house at this point bro there not running so just kill them. Take advantage of all the things on your side giving you an edge that I stated and I'm pretty sure you will turn out on top. FYI my alarm being as loud as it is takes another sense from the bad guy that I don't need and can do with out and thats hearing. Neither of us could here a gun go off in my house when that thing is on but I'm probably the only one that use to operating and thinking clearly in that type of environment. So who comes in will have a sight and hearing disadvantage plus a knowledge of the layout disadvantage like I said just keep staking the deck in your favor so god for bid that day ever comes the chances that you're the one walking away is high. Also please rehearse what you will do if someone comes in your house. This will shave seconds of your response as well as calm you down a little if it does happen.Go over once in your head as you lay down for bed as well. You will be surprised if you tell your self what to do just before you fall a sleep that you will actually do it subconsciously if it happens. I have to kinda of do the opposite and tell my mind to ignore certain things so I can sleep at night with out sleeping pills.
    Very well put, thanks for sharing.

I watch a video on how to sweep your house with a shotgun, great information.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Caleb, share the vid...if it is a link.
    SAL, when my alarm went off, i went to shut
    it off, not sweeping the house for intruders.
    i bet a lot of people are like this, or dont think
    clearly enough to hide and lock the door.

Without knowledge and forethought, youre
    in deep ****. Imo...

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    We also have places in our home where we know to go in the case of a home invasion, these are the hardest places for the bad guy to get too and the easiest place to get out when you get a chance.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Heres a recent one :
    We have been having a rash of door bell rings at night this summer. You answer the door and nobody there. So last Monday was at the shop late installing my antenna mount and got home a 8:45. As I pulled onto our street my phone rang, it was my wife. She wanted to know where I was at, someone had just rang the door and wouldnt answer her so my wife was going to call the cops but called me instead. Well there just happened to be a group of teens walking away from the house a bit. So I pulled up to them :
    Me : Hey guys, yall wouldnt happen to be ringing doorbells and running off would you ?
    Them : No ! We were just coming from my house. ( a lie, they dont live on our street )
    Me: WEll let me tell you guys a story. It happened last week at midnight and scared my wife. She woke me and I went to the door with a pistol in my hand. If you guys hear who is doing this, tell them it aint cool. Some bad things can happen when you trespass on someone's property in the middle of the night.
    Them : Ok, no problem.
    Now you have to understand my neighborhood. Its a gated community with 4500 homes, middle -middle upper class. These kids have anything they want and theyre still bored and getting in trouble. If they are brave enough to come on your porch at midnight it would be nothing to reach in your car and grab your ipod or gps. Hopefully I scared them enough that they at least wont ring my bell anymore.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information