Thread: Bedliner on front and rear bumpers (How To)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I recommend that you do both the spray and the roll on with the texture roller. The spray does a better job of getting into the corners after using tape to protect the area that does not get bed liner. The spray does not give a good texture and does not give as good of a color coverage because of the effect of drying. The liquid roll on will finish the coating with good color consistancy and an actual texture and depth. If you look back at the pictures you will see what I am referring to.

I got the bed liner at Walmart. I think it is Dupli color but I am not sure. I do know that it is the only brand that they carry and it comes in a spray, a can of liquid and also they have an application kit with a handle, tray, and texture roller. Also be sure to read Post #46 to see why you need both the spray for the edges and the liquid with the roller for coverage. If you got a bumper from Ross and you paint it before you install it you might get by without the spray can type. I used self etching gray primer because I was first putting it on a plastic bumper. On the GL bumper you can use what ever type of primer that you choose.
    Last edited by HueyPilotVN; 06-21-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Thread Information