The air in my wife's 2006 for five hundred stopped working. So I figured drop it off get quote and see whats wrong maybe its low on juice or it developed a leak no big deal. Well they call me and of course the compressor is shot go figure. Then his spits out a $1400 repair cost for it WTF! Now I look them up and rock auto has them for less then 2 bills he says its a $700 part. Any way she also needs new tires which I've been shopping for already that's $600 plus her 90k service is up and there are a couple of things I won't do my self so thats another at least few hundo I'm thinking. So I'm looking at putting $2700 into a car worth about $7000. Just not worth it to me to do that I don't think. How hard can it be to replace the compressor I have never worked on AC before so I have no idea. This has me thinking just get her a new one Were looking at a Jetta or Ford Fusion right now. Unless I can reasonably repair this myself I think the wife gets a new car which means I'm still out $3k for down payment. I wish it was an opportunity to get her a JK but the plan was to get her that and she could drive the ford for work she drives a lot so MPG is important. So not sure what in the heck to do. I finally get a fist full of cash again and poof life takes it away LOL oh and my PS3 just died tonight with my disc in to.