Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: AJeepZJ's WK Garage (The Atacama)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Thats awesome. Ready to swap in that Rock Trac yet lol
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Im not sure what rock trac is, lol....

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Im not sure what rock trac is, lol....
    4:1 Transfer case out of a 03 to 12 Jeep Rubicon. Chain driven BA case!
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    4:1 Transfer case out of a 03 to 12 Jeep Rubicon. Chain driven BA case!
    Yeah, this will be the biggest project I undertake - I'm having a VERY hard time deciding between a 4-6" lift or a XCASE swap to make this puppy laugh all the way to the top of the hill. I'll have to consult my Sensai - haha! Both will probably cost about the same 3-4k

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    TC first! Then the lift

x2
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

I noticed after my first drive with the new shocks a 'clunking' which I kinda knew what it would be but I wanted to see what it would do. I don't know if the XK's have this problem. But some of the wheel well plastic gets awfully close to the shocks. Anyway, anytime I went down a dip, where the shocks have to respond quickly - The plastic would actually have noticeable contact with the coilovers. So I had to trim this down. I ran out of Daylight to tighty this one up, but I'll get to it tomorrow... Oh I will!

The Issue:
    As you can clearly tell, plastic is too close. And yes, I can see that rubber boot slowly making it's way down the shock - I'll have to consult Sal with that one - because I'm not pulling that side shock off, lol. Was a PITA

Solution!
    Dremmel Tool, extension cord, power inverter

A minor set back:
    So I've removed the majority of what I need but have not actually removed the piece yet. Well I let my hand down briefly, and tap the disk on the tire and it snaps in half. I kinda laughed because stuff like this happens to me all the time.

But I was prepared!!!

Nearly done

As I said, I ran out of daylight, but I plan to tighten up the 'finish' so that it looks a little more professional.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I purchased the quick release system for my dremel look into it its pretty nice.

I vaguely remember your Dremmel tool - I'll have to check it out again when I come up there - hopefully SOON!

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    DUDE!!!! Those tires look awesome!!!! Man, I cant wait to go back to URE and see it perform! SO jealous of the jeep now.

And I have the same problem with that plastic. I just haven't purchased a dremel yet, lol.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information