Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: AJeepZJ's WK Garage (The Atacama)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Oil Change complete.
    Was easier on this vehicle than any Jeep I've EVER worked on.

Well... I know we usually do 5w20, but I went ahead with 5w30, Royal Purple and a K&N Filter, mainly because the warm days are just around the corner. So I'm going to try it out. I drove it for about an hour to get the oil nice and warm and get it to settle in. Mileage is up some, enjoyed that! I got the K&N Filter just because I felt I needed a performance filter given that I have the cai. Here are some frustrating pictures below.

I grabbed the toys

Front skid is clearly in the way

I unbolted two on the side the filter and drain was on, and one on the other side and basically rotated it out of the way.

Then took off the oilcap - that was actually more of a PITA than anything else.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 02-22-2012 at 02:35 PM.

So far so good, Everything is going according to plan

Filter removed

Gotta clean this opening, so I did. As well as the drain path.

rubbed new oil, as recommended by the video I saw around the new filter opening

Put the new filter in

Got underneath to drain the pan... Soon as I get it loose and pull it out it drains pretty good.. then I got a NICE gust of win Splashed oil all over my face.. was awesome!!
    See the tire there soaked in oil.... my face was here at one point.

Things I learned.
    1. Bring more cleaning supplies (towels or something)
    2. I didn't understand why the guy wore gloves... I understand now.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    HAHA, the same thing happened to me when I fix my diff cover last night. The wind blew and right in my face! At least I wasn't taking a leak....

I thought about switching to Royal Purple but I haven't yet. I've ran Valvoline in the motor and Mobil 1 everywhere else with no problem. But that purple stuff looks cool.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    That would have been the perfect time to put in one of those fumoto drain plugs.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitMarauder View Post
    That would have been the perfect time to put in one of those fumoto drain plugs.
    I had no idea what you were talking about, so I googled it. Yeah... I wish I had known I could have put one of these in this... that looks VERY useful.

At last, the Steel Armadillo Super Sliders finally grace my WK. Sal's already updated his thread with his tails so I won't repeat here with another pic of his. LOVE the turn out, pics below.

Some new decals

Found a NICE spot for my second TUJ decal. People will now have the opportunity to see where 'home' is as I approach them!

Last edited by AJeepZJ; 02-26-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Looks great, glad to see more sliders and decals!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Looks great AJ! It's always nice to see another super sexy khaki WK! A couple more mods and you won't be able to see out that window!
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
    Looks great AJ! It's always nice to see another super sexy khaki WK! A couple more mods and you won't be able to see out that window!
    lmao, thanks Nathan. Of course this means a lot coming from you, haha! And yeah, that's what we are, Nathan. Super Khaki's... Khaki WK's on Roids.

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread Information