Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AJeepZJ's WK Garage (The Atacama)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Actually... CNC4X4 is doing a URE tail maintenance day next weekend on the 20th - wheeling in the afternoon. If I have my ZJ by then, I was honestly thinking about going - Probably apply for membership to the club if everything goes well (They seem like nice folks). Randal has been pretty cool.

CNC4X4 is basically my last attempt to find a club in North Carolina that isn't full of people with their heads up there...
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 08-10-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ya I do trail maintenance days as well over there but I go with the friends of Uwharrie guys its not a club just volunteers for Uwharrie. Keep me updated if you're going I'll try to come for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Ya I do trail maintenance days as well over there but I go with the friends of Uwharrie guys its not a club just volunteers for Uwharrie. Keep me updated if you're going I'll try to come for sure.
    I will definitely do that.

Buddy of mine and I did some mountain biking today, and he decided to take some pics before we got there. So Here is the most recent addition to my collection - he took about 50 but i'm not putting 50 up here - I chose my favorites

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Nice pics bro, you need to get here so we can get those lights off the bottom of your bumper LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    How did you do the wheels Graphite? Can you do this yourself?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Nice pics.....we have a mountain biking thread here somewhere. So take pics/vids on your trail ride and post them up.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    Nice pics bro, you need to get here so we can get those lights off the bottom of your bumper LOL
    Dude we already tried at URE once, those lights are clearly tougher than they appear! It'll take a few more slams on Daniel trail to break em' off.

The WK is looking good A.J.!
    Last edited by Chapman89; 08-20-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    How did you do the wheels Graphite? Can you do this yourself?
    Yeah I cleaned them thoroughly, dried them off, sanded them down with 400 grit yellow sand blocks from Autozone, rinsed and dried them off sprayed 2 coats of primer with 15 minutes between each layer. Then I sprayed 3 coats of graphite with 15-30 minutes between each layer. Then I layered on 2 coats of clear with 15 minutes between those two. I allowed them to dry for 24 hours before I mounted them back on the Jeep - and then allowed another couple days to cure before I drove it.

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Nice pics.....we have a mountain biking thread here somewhere. So take pics/vids on your trail ride and post them up.
    I will have to find it, but I am BIG on mountain biking. Ask sal. The day i sold the XJ, I was soaking in wet mountain biking in the middle of a thunderstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman89 View Post
    Dude we already tried at URE once, those lights are clearly tougher than they appear! It'll take a few more slams on Daniel trail to break em' off.
    Yeah - Which is frightening. I hope they won't be hard to take off, because they have been pretty beastly on the trail, I have landed on those lights, and slid off them on numerous occasions.

The WK is looking good A.J.!
    I'll take it drive it down some time - and we can work on that - I'll bring ur favorite beverage, haha.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 08-21-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information