Thread: Well, it's official... back to school!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Well, it's official... back to school!

Starting my Masters back up in the Spring. Just had a meeting with the engineering department today and they're bringing classes on site. Will be a part time Drexel student after winter (might as well knock it out now while my kids are young!!)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    GL with that Sir, I need to finish my MBA. Hopefully I will be able to put time in with in the first few months of 2012
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Congrats dude... I should be wrapping up my masters this time next year. Gonna knock it out while I have NO children, lmao.

lol i hear that man. I started my MS right out of school, but then i switched jobs and was a contractor. I could have continued taking classes as a contractor but didnt want to have to pay the company back if I got offered to convert to a civilian employee. Then, as i expected, i was converted as a civilian employee and figured that I could start classes back up. Nope... the program used to convert me wasn't funded for graduate classes, so I had to wait until I graduated from that program.

4 years later... im finally able to start back up Name:  1002.gif
Views: 32
Size:  13.0 KB

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Good for you, I was 48 when I finally got my Masters Degree.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

I hope to have my PhD by then!

Seriously though, that's my plan. I'll eventually get my PhD, get my PE license, and then when i retire I plan on starting my own little consulting firm. (yeah, im young... but i've always been a "big picture" type of guy)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    I was talking to a few buddies about this the other day. I'm so exhausted from school. When I started my Masters I was sure I was going to get my PhD afterwards. Now.. I'm just not so sure - I'm tired of being a poor grad student, lol. If the economy turns around and the market is doing well, and I can get a job. I will just go that route. But if the economy is still running on 'E' I think I'll end up getting my PhD it'll probably be in Biochem, Toxicology, or Forensics.

That's why i went the route I did... in the MAE field, you're much more marketable with just a BS since companies don't want to pay more for a "fresh out" MS grad and not know what to expect in terms of real world performance. Plus, any company worth working for has a good tuition reimbursement benefit. So i don't mind taking one class a semester to slowly knock out my masters. (The PhD will be out of my pocket though)

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Awesome Man. Good luck. I wish I had that drive. Maybe once I have my career Ill get back in it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Thats great news bro, knock'em out cold! I need to go to school for a different career, just don't know what to go for......Good luck.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Thread Information