Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Which NFL team do you throw your support behind?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'm not much of a football fan.... I basically watch because its a great excuse to eat hot wings And drink beer with friends on Sundays. I'm primarily a hockey fan and the Flyers have been my #1 sports team since birth. .... so it followed the I root for the Eagles, keeping with the Philly theme and because they share a lot of "rivals"

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm not much of a football fan.... I basically watch because its a great excuse to eat hot wings And drink beer with friends on Sundays. I'm primarily a hockey fan and the Flyers have been my #1 sports team since birth. .... so it followed the I root for the Eagles, keeping with the Philly theme and because they share a lot of "rivals"
    Yeah I never rooted for any football team even being in Philly because I never got into as much as Hockey/Baseball; but I do love watching football more and more so I figured it would be easier to root for the giants with her lol she has been a NYG fan since she was a little girl.

But we both love the Flyers/Phillies forever
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I was thinking, how many different stadiums have you guys seen a NFL game at ? I've been to Foxboro, Giants, Fed-EX, Baltimore's municipal stadium and then the new stadium, Charlotte, Georgia Dome, Three Rivers, The Vet, and both old Tampa Stadium and Raymond James Stadium. I think thats all..
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Been to Heinz Field several times, Three Rivers, Ralph Wilson, Dolphins stadium-changed the name so many times, Redskins stadium when i was really young, Foxboro, Jaquars and TampaBay
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Never been to an NFL game....not even the nice new Linc. Financial Field....
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

I've been to 2 eagles game.... both time free tickets and "good" seats. Each time I wished I was back at home with more food, beer and high-def TV with rewind capabilities..... that's the one thing about football, the stadium experience really doesn't excite me. Its way too slow paced in person and you often can't see what's going on, even when sitting in the lower level.

Hockey on the other hand.... I love going to games!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I've been to 2 eagles game.... both time free tickets and "good" seats. Each time I wished I was back at home with more food, beer and high-def TV with rewind capabilities..... that's the one thing about football, the stadium experience really doesn't excite me. Its way too slow paced in person and you often can't see what's going on, even when sitting in the lower level.

Hockey on the other hand.... I love going to games!
    My fiance has been to many giants/eagles games and she says the same thing. I think people like the environment/atmosphere more then being able to see everything? I can't comment entirely on that but I know with Flyers/Phillies games I love the tailgaiting and being able to enjoy the actual game completely.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

I hear ya on the atmosphere.... one of the reasons I love going to hockey games is the energy of the crowd.

But with football it just seems like there too many commercial time-outs which really slows down the pace of an already "slow" game. When watching at home you don't realize how long there is between each play because you see each play from a few different camera angles, slow motion, etc..... sitting in the stadiums lacks that for me.

To each their own.

Edit: quick side note..... both my dad and brother are big football fans and really have no interest in hockey. However both of them have been to hockey games (more so as social/family events) and have had great times and like going back. So though they don't enjoy watching on TV, they're all about seeing games in person.
    Last edited by Matt; 08-27-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    I've only been to the Silverdome (old field) and Ford Field where the Lions play and Soldier Field in Chicago. I've seen more college football live than pro. The games and atmosphere are much different at college games. I'd rather be at a hockey game too but the Wings games are ridiculously priced and I don't get to go as much as I used to.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Vince Young looked pretty decent as your QB, the 3 interceptions notwithstanding. Give him more reps, more snaps, and more time to learn the playbook, and I think he'll work out fine - nice pick-up/reclamation project there for Buffalo!
    OOOPS! Well... what do I know?!?! http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...n-arrival-near
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information