Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Type of Offroading

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Thanks, I like your XK too.
    I'm allowed type-o's once in a while.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    STREET.....it's all about the mall curbs, baby!
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    I'm allowed type-o's once in a while.
    That wasn't a typo it was a sin.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The beach is wonderful but " wheelin " in the sand was lack luster. I know only two guys who ever got stuck at the beach, one was in a Honda Ridgeline and the other was , well... you know. It seems that you cant go in the mountains without being surrounded by rocks and I hate mud. I would like to try some low country , forest trails once.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Unfortunately I've never experienced rock crawling so I can't comment. I love just cruisin a trail in the woods and don't mind mud ( I find cleaning my rig to be therapudic) but I've spent most of my time on sand and snow. I gotta say, I do love bombing around in deep snow while everyone else is spinnin' their tires.

A while back I had a trip to Vermont planned and we got hit with a blizzard the day before. I got up at 4am to find there was a state of emergency declared in NJ. I was the only one on the road. Not even the plows were out. Couldn't even tell where the exit ramps were on the highway ( I drove over quite a few curbs and probably a bunch of other stuff too.) Might not have been the smartest thing to do but we had lots of recovery gear (heading to VT in Jan) and there was no way I was going to miss a ski trip because it was snowing. Although it was kind of a white knuckle ride I found it to be pretty relaxing.

So... I picked snow.

BTW, I think I had my WJ at the time.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Hate Sand, Hate snow. I gotta admit its just too much fun to be messing around in the mud pits, but rocks is where the challenge is at for me, so that takes the cake. Tough tip-toeing a giant jeep through a rock feild, just gets the adrenaline pmping. You forgot Hillclimbs and decents, they pucker me up as well.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    I got my Jeep to use as a "Go Anywhere" vehicle. I like to explore back roads and jeep trails. I do not especially look for tough trails but rather like the idea that I can usually find a way thru most any obsticle on most common trails. I added the second 30 gallon gas tank so that I would not have to worry about turning around if a trail seemed to long. I try to avoid snow, because I do not like to be cold. However, Once I was exploring the logging roads in teh Trinity Alps north of Redding, California west of Mt Shasta and crossed over to the west side of the ridge. The entire way down the mountain I was busting thru snowbanks using downward momentum. Half way down I realized that if there was not a road at the bottom I might be in big trouble. Worked out ok as there was a road. I usually avoid mud because it never all goes away with cleaning. I guess I would vote for dirt trails that go somewhere. I go out alone too much but I do have recovery gear and a winch that workd on either end of the Commander. I am in West Virginia now. They have lots of trails and mostly they call them roads.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Huey,what part of WVA are you in and for how long ? Anywhere near Harrisongurg Va and RT 33 ? If so, Flagpole trip is next weekend.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have found snow to be a pain. I am as armored as I can get underneath. While you would think this would lead to surfing across the top of the snow drift, I have found it more often acts as a skim, piling snow in front of the rig and bringing me to a high centered grinding halt.

My favorite wheeling area is in Northern CA volcano country and is a great rock area. I tend to be up there when there mud is around, so I see some of that too. It is great to know though that any mud pit I go into is only there because of the rock bowl at the bottom and that even if I get stuck, I can dig out.

My only real sand experience was in Moab on the way to WCCC. It was new and interesting. Looking forward to more of it is 2012 if I can make the Moab trip.

Not too much beach driving available in CA as it is seen as "environmentally unfriendly" at lakes or the ocean. Your car might drip a drop or two of oil and that is just unacceptable to tree huggers. Not to mention here they think you should feel guilty just for having a V-8, or a gas powered anything, etc ,etc..... More and more places are getting closed off and gated....

Ok, off my soapbox.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Huey,what part of WVA are you in and for how long ? Anywhere near Harrisongurg Va and RT 33 ? If so, Flagpole trip is next weekend.
    I am within a mile of the New River gorge bridge, close to Oak Hill on Hwy 19
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information