The turn signals will also both come on with the emergency flashers and it looks like a highway service truck with arrows directing you both ways around.

The brake light lights both up with a steady light unless one of the turn signals is on and then the turn signal over rides the break light.

When you are a little to the right and behind you can see all the lights.

However, If you are directly behind or a little to the left the tire blocks the lights.

You have to see them in motion to get the full effect. There is certainly no doubt about your intention to turn with these lights. I wanted to keep the option of using my backup camera and that is why my tire is offset. It coould be a few inches to the left and I could still use the camera. I would hate to run over some kid or old person in the parking lot. I have spotted people crossing behind me as I was attempting to back up.

I mostly did them for safety. I wish that they were smaller, but the arrows are large enough to see for a distance. I could visualize someone not seeing my right turn signal and passing me on the right if I were stopped in the road. I don't think that will happen with these industrial size turn signals. They will also work when I am towing the Commander behind the Motor home. I also would not have installed them if my spare tire did not block the lower LED turn signals.

I am also going to take A49er"s suggestion and add two small red tail lights to the frame of the tire carrier. I can actually run them off the same wire as the license plate light. If it would stop a rear end collision I would put a billboard back there.