Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: BEER

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty

BEER

Sal has been to my place once - It was one of the slowest days at my apartment. But if he had been here this week, it would be a different story. It didn't occur to me that this week is one of the most congested weeks of the year here because it's two weeks before classes start - so parents usually like to get there kids shipped out and settled in before classes. Anyway - I've been settled for a while now, and I'm ready to celebrate.

As a token to my comfort zone finally being reached, I have decided to host my usual summer pool and grill party - I didn't think it would happen this summer, but stuff changed and it's happening. And yes, North Carolinian's LOVE to grill. Anyway, my building is a large square adjacent to the Tar River with a hollowed out middle for a generous sized pool and courtyard. (It's very nice). My window over looks it. Anyway the problem is that parking is awful sucks - Have to walk up and down a pretty ballsy hill. And all the doors except for the front require a magnetic key, which is not convenient for me to use with a crap of stuff in my hand. To avoid this I decided to park in front at the reception and haul my groceries in... (where all the parents are). Can you IMAGINE the look we got as my buddies and I hauled 3 24 packs of Icehouse passed parents with there 18 y/o freshmen daughters and sons, lol - It was pretty funny to me. I'm sure they are going to bless their children before they leave today. I also hauled up an a$$ ton of steak, beef, dogs, Bacon and eggs.. No veggies this weekend ladies.

Anyway - Lets have a beer discussion.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    i'm in for a good brew ha ha....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    ice cold one & a med rare ribeye will work for me lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    You know Mia did say something about going to NC this weekend..Hmm...If only I had a paid vacation

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ice house stinks sorry bro I'm a beer snob. Yuenglings is very good beer ironically so is Carona with out the lime ofcourse I'm a man keep the fruit out of my beer. Also the colder the beer the less flavor you can taste which makes me laugh on commercials with all the cold labels in there beer. Beer pulled out of the fridge should sit a few minuets opened. About five minuets after that it hits a good temp for drinking. The Scottish have it right they don't drink there beer cold either. When it warms up a little you get the full flavor exploding as intended by the brew master. But don't let a bad beer like coors or ice house warm up I don't think you want to really taste all those beers have to offer. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Ice house stinks sorry bro I'm a beer snob. Yuenglings is very good beer ironically so is Carona with out the lime ofcourse I'm a man keep the fruit out of my beer. Also the colder the beer the less flavor you can taste which makes me laugh on commercials with all the cold labels in there beer. Beer pulled out of the fridge should sit a few minuets opened. About five minuets after that it hits a good temp for drinking. The Scottish have it right they don't drink there beer cold either. When it warms up a little you get the full flavor exploding as intended by the brew master. But don't let a bad beer like coors or ice house warm up I don't think you want to really taste all those beers have to offer. LOL
    Icehouse is something I tried for the first time, and I ended up really liking it. It goes well with cheap pizza, lol. Otherwise, yeah. I'm also a beer snob. I prefer Sam Adam, Yuenglings, Heineken, and Fosters. And who can forget Duck Rabbit (for local Carolinian's, lol)

Corona is GARBAGE

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    My favorite beer is, Free.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Icehouse is something I tried for the first time, and I ended up really liking it. It goes well with cheap pizza, lol. Otherwise, yeah. I'm also a beer snob. I prefer Sam Adam, Yuenglings, Heineken, and Fosters. And who can forget Duck Rabbit (for local Carolinian's, lol)

Corona is GARBAGE
    Sam Adam's is real good beer I agree you know I keep for getting to try Duck Rabbit I buy my beer on post cheaper no taxes I don't think I've seen it in there. Carona isn't crap it has a full flavor to it but it is different, I like to drink it to break things up. Let it warm up and don't put lime in it and it's not bad.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yuengling is good but I prefer Landshark.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Sam Adam's is real good beer I agree you know I keep for getting to try Duck Rabbit I buy my beer on post cheaper no taxes I don't think I've seen it in there. Carona isn't crap it has a full flavor to it but it is different, I like to drink it to break things up. Let it warm up and don't put lime in it and it's not bad.
    Sam Adam's ain't cheap - thats probably why, lol. I had a few of my friends try to indoctrinate me with how superior Corona was, and I just can't stand it. If I want a beer that will kill my appetite for a 2nd, I'll drink a Corona.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Yuengling is good but I prefer Landshark.
    I've heard GOOD things about Landshark - And it's funny you mention that.. I'm actually wearing a 'Landshark' shirt right now. For your enjoyment.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information