Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: BEER

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Its funny , I do not drink and drive, at all , ever. We were at Uwaharrie and had done some nice trails that day. So we're just chillin at camp that night, having a few beers. Im a little guy and it only takes a few to get buzzed. So I had about four I guess, winding down for the night. Sal pipes up, " you guys wanna do a night run ? " LOL !! We did. LOL !!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Landshark is brewed by Anheuser Busch all they know how to make is piss beer..

For the sake of discussion, how about some Redhook ESB, Sierra Navada Pale Ale, or Dogfish Head Burton Baton. The Burton Baton might in the running for my all-time favorite beer, but I've only had it once, so I feel the need to find it again and verify.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Landshark is supposedly still brewed in Jacksonville, from what I saw Jimmy Buffet say the other day, just using AB as a marketer / distributor / business partner thing. Eventually, Im sure AB will take over and it will be either dissolved completely or will become just another Budweiser.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Didn't AB buy out dogfish as well? Have you guys watched the documentary Beer Wars, I know I mentioned it in another beer thread its available on net flex for streaming.

No and I think Sam would be the last person to ever sell out to a large beer manufacturer. Not that I know him, but I did read his book Brewing up a Business, and watched Beer Wars. He pretty much HATES everything big beer does..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    Corona is piss beer, thats why people put lime in it. I used to drank Guiness but it tends to f*@k me up, I dont do that anymore.
    Guiness and Coronoa are just awful... Guiness is the Irish version of the American Budweiser. Just... just awful beer. Now... The Irish do make some tasty beers. I would like to start with Smithwicks - It's just really hearty beer you can TASTE. If we removed the Locals, and considered only large distributers Smithwicks makes it in my top 10 easily.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Smithwicks is very tasty. I'd also put Killians Irish Red up there with it in the "enjoyment of taste" spectrum.

Guiness isn't for everyone... but its not even close to the crap that Budweiser is. That's like saying "scotch is crap" because you don't like the taste... it just means you're not a scotch drinker.

Guinness is actually pretty low in alcohol content too, it's only in the 4.~ish range.. it does go down pretty easy though.

As far as Guinness to Budweiser comparison, from a showing of beer quality for said country I agree, but Guinness is leaps and bounds better than Budweiser.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Ah... maybe i missed the analogy there...

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    i had a PBR once, it was nasty. I like coors light pretty well but my favorites include Heiny ken,
    dos equis, Sam adams, warsteiner. not a fan of michy beers or buddy beer.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information