Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Spacer Failure (Fact or Fiction)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Everything is illegal up north

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    You know those NJ guys have to be babied. You can't expect them to put spacers on correctly when they haven't learned how to pump their own gas yet either. lol I'm kidding guys. Mine have been working fine for the past 3 years. I've had 2 different sized sets.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Lol low blow!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    X2 on user error but those users like that will jump around and scream about how bad spacers are and they caused his wheel to fall off contributing to the perception that spacers are unsafe.
    Spacers are not unsafe, it's the nuts!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    The issue with spacers is if they're not properly torqued & maintained. Over torquing And under torquing can result in faster and more excessive failures as opposed to over/under torquing wheels. So you really need to follow directions, otherwise they do become "unsafe". So while most failures can be attributed to "user error", there's the inherent factor that they're not as "user friendly" which ultimately leads to these user errors.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Lol low blow!!
    Here you go bro, use it wisely.....

****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    ^ That's great! Glad to see the comedy rolling around here. I didn't mean anything by it. I lived in jersey a whole 8 weeks one time. (Boot Camp) Wasn't my favorite place for obvious reasons. Maybe i should give it another chance.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I have been using spidertrax spacers and have been doing some hardcore wheeling with my friend that owns a 07 FJ Cruiser on 35's with spacers with no failures to date. Its all about how you torque them and the company you go with. My spacers are torqued to 90 ft. lbs and the wheels are torqued to the spacers at 90 ft lbs. They have been installed 3 years now and have never found loose lug nuts or broken studs. I know 90 ft. lbs isnt a lot but it works for me. It came right off the installation instructions from spidertrax.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I have had mine for over a year & as you can tell from my photos & videos I wheel mine. I do 95 ft lbs on the spacers & rims. It was that on the install paperwork & never had an issue.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I have had mine for over a year & as you can tell from my photos & videos I wheel mine. I do 95 ft lbs on the spacers & rims. It was that on the install paperwork & never had an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I have been using spidertrax spacers and have been doing some hardcore wheeling with my ...... I know 90 ft. lbs isnt a lot but it works for me. It came right off the installation instructions from spidertrax.
    i am right there with you, torqued the spacers once n done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information