Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Courtesy Lights Stopped Working, Auto headlights Stopped Working

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar

Courtesy Lights Stopped Working, Auto headlights Stopped Working

So another issue has shown up with the XK. First the auto headlights/ auto wipers stopped functioning now my courtesy lights will no longer turn on regardless if I push the lens or open the doors.

Its little things like this that piss me off about this Jeep. I don't have the time/money to let the Jeep dealership screw around with it.

Is there some sort of main control module that may be linked to these issues? I'm getting tired of the headaches. I still haven't figured out why my AC makes the vehicle shake and tighten up the steering intermittently.

If someone could give me an answer on one of the three problems I'm having I'd be very pleased!

Thanks,

Nick
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Clutch on the compressor or the compressor could be going bad that would cause those issues. I'm pretty sure you can just get the clutch for it check rock auto out. There should be modules and fuses for the lights I just don't know which ones and can't look that up on my phone. Check the alternator out put at idle with all the accessories turned on to
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 08-17-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Check your fuses?

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Clutch on the compressor or the compressor could be going bad that would cause those issues. I'm pretty sure you can just get the clutch for it check rock auto out. There should be modules and fuses for the lights I just don't know which ones and can't look that up on my phone. Check the alternator out put at idle with all the accessories turned on to
    How does the A/C compressor clutch failing cause the auto headlights/wipers or courtesy lights to not function? I've never heard the corelation between the two made before. Just curious.
    Fuses or modules are a definite possibility. Talking about auto on items, The auto wipers work off a sensor as well as the auto head lights. Maybe there is a sensor malfunction.
    Fuses are the most simple so check those first. It's probably something simple.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

There is no correlation bro he said he was having several problems I was addressing the AC problem with the clutch idea. The lights are a separate problem by them selves. I also mentioned the alternator because under heavy load his engine is having issues.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Sorry sal. I just realized he mentioned the AC after the rest. I didn't read it thoroughly enough. Haveing missed that totally it sure seemed odd to need to replace the AC comp. to fix the headlights.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    After my runaround with my XK slipping into traction control, engine dropping back and finding it was a fuse
    under the hood from an add on wire, nothing surprises me.

Electrical issues cause weird things to happen. It is all related.
    Test all your fuses under the hood. You can use a continuity
    tester across the open ends of the fuses.

Check the battery with a load on it.

Have you done anything to the Jeep recently?

Nick, is your AC cold? could it be leaking?
    Last edited by cico7; 08-17-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Sorry sal. I just realized he mentioned the AC after the rest. I didn't read it thoroughly enough. Haveing missed that totally it sure seemed odd to need to replace the AC comp. to fix the headlights.
    LOL I figured you missed something bro. no big deal

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Don't forget the fuses under the dash.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Nick have you had problems with your dash lights flickering? Mine do but if I tap the multifunction switch it tends to stop. Multifuntions switch is the one on the left of the steering wheel. From my understanding it will cause all kinds of light problems within the jeep. It should be to hard to replace either I believe it is one screw. When I looked into it, the part was only like 70 bucks not to bad.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information