Thread: Aftermarket TV/DVD Player

Senior Member Getting Dirty

Aftermarket TV/DVD Player

Has anyone installed on of these in their Jeep. What brands are good? What ones are easy to instal and use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I don't think anything worth while is easy to install. Just think outside the box get something cool so you're happy the first time out.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'm just going to get each of my kids their own separate entertainment kit when they're old enough. Things like the PSP that play movies, games, etc. That way there's no fighting over what to watch or what to play, it doesn't matter which vehicle we take on our road trip, they'll work on airplanes, and (most importantly) I can use it when im on travel for work.

In other words, I think in-car DVD/Entertainment systems are past their time... it's a lot of money and effort for a "good" system, but then its still only useful in that particular vehicle. Portable devices are much better and more powerful.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    holaday, what do you want to accomplish? There are a nmber of options availale.
    in dash dvd,cd, etc. I have a ps2 set up for my commander that can play through
    the head unit. do you want it for you to use while driving (music) or for people in
    the backseat, or you while our in the backseat? Drop down monitors, headrest monitors,
    computer mounts. I've skyped while driving down the road from my laptop so there are lots
    of options. i have a mifi for my laptop.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    If you are looking for an in-dash, you can't go wrong with a Pioneer or Alpine. $.02
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

No in dash, I need something to keep the kid happy as he is getting bigger and more active. Starting to be tough to go wheeling... I wanted the factory setup, but I stole this Jeep and was willing to overlook the lack of a TV and DVD.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

I had not considered headrest monitors either, those could be good if we have a second kid down the road.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a Kenwood with a flip out screen, dvd and Garmin gps built in. I love it. It has a/v inputs for game console or video camera playback, or back up camera. It is a lot to install, Crutchfield wanted $300 to do it, I did it myself. This thing retailed fro $1500 back in '03. If I was to do it again I would just use a portable gps and portable dvd player, both of which I had at the time of purchase. LOL !
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I want to have the dvd setup in mine as well.
    From my understanding with the factory setup with nav there is no way to hard-wire a dvd with flip down screen to the deck so it can be heard thru the sound system? I was told that the reason why the factory dvd setup works is because it was on a wireless system from the dvd head unit to the deck up front. Is this correct?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    agree, you cant use the gps and watch a movie at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    ........If I was to do it again I would just use a portable gps and portable dvd player, both of which I had at the time of purchase. LOL !

Thread Information