Thread: Another day of wheeling

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Another day of wheeling

Didn't get as much trail time as I hoped to everyone's jeep's broke by mine The first wrangler never made it out of the parking lot on inspection of a noise we found the lower brake bracket bolt was missing. After checking every open auto store with in 30 miles we wen't back and wheeled on wrangler down. Coming off our second trail of the day the last wrangler broke his upper control arm bracket clean off the axle. Limp mode back to the outpost and found a mobile welder to come out and weld it back on but by that time it was late so I just aired up and once there working jeeps again and they weren't stranded I left.

I didn't get many pictures but I got a couple nothing interesting though. AJ I treated the jeep right I might have to name it Bam! Bam! 2 LMAO.

The one wrangler that made it to some trails today.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Rough day....you win some, you lose some

2010 wrangler stuck in parking lot
    1997 wrangler makes it two trails then breaks
    1992 XJ wheels hard airs up and drives home

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    BIG RED continues to triumph! Thats my Girl... well your girl now, lol. I'm thrilled you've taken her out already and she is doing well. She likes you! What did you air down too? 12? Keep an eye on the steering fluid level - She likes to go through that fluid like 6-year old with kool-aid on a hot summer day when she's wheeled.

Also i'm thinking of going to Uwharrie On the first or second weekend of September - Lemme know what your thoughts are. But i'm also more interested in finding another park to wheel - so lemme know your thoughts on that, and we'll get together on that. We have some suspension work to do soon

Which reminds me... I have a surprise for you guys (which will include pictures in my Garage section :wink: :wink: I'll have the pictures up some time tomorrow.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 08-21-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    LMAO... forget "Bam Bam 2"... Sal should name her "sloppy seconds"

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    You like how easily she pulls in 4LOW with those 33's, lol? She's a beast, she really is. And she's still only got the stock 3.55 Gear ratio.. do a 4.10 gear swap, maybe swap a Dana 44a from a junk yard under her and some 35's on there. Omg- I would cry if you did that.

But you can EASILY get 35's on there - might need longer bump stops, and some light trimming to the current BW's - but I'd have probably just removed the bushwhackers. I look forward to the rest of your endeavors with her!

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    It's a small world man, I crossed your path twice today visiting my Grandmother. The XJ looks great, sorry you didn't get to beat on it too much!
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

That was funny I was like hey a lifted XK then I was like I know that jeep LMAO. I left around 4 or 5 tired and hot but it was funn.

@Matt Sloppy seconds I like that one.

@AJ I'm going to tackle the leaks and the front end first I think and see where I end up with that.

Thread Information