Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Level 8 Wheels ZX!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    None. You will have rubbing with any wheel that'd fit and not cause interference with the balljoint. 5.5" would be the best chance and would basically be like my current setup (that i rub with 245/75/17, so the 265s will rub more due to the width)... I wouldn't go with 5" unless you're willing to remove the HVAC lines OR it's a street queen, otherwise your tire will remove them for ya on the trail.

Hmm ok so if I understand you correctly I will rub no matter what I do unless I use spacers with the stock wheels? I don't want to remove the lines in the back because I use the 3rd row. I wheel it now & it doesn't rub.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I am trying to follow this, but not 100% sure I get it. Could I run these with the 255.75.17s I dont rub with my Rubi wheels and 1.25 inch spacers unless i hit a rock really weird, and I couldnt make it rub with the spacers and stock XK wheels
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Hmm ok so if I understand you correctly I will rub no matter what I do unless I use spacers with the stock wheels? I don't want to remove the lines in the back because I use the 3rd row. I wheel it now & it doesn't rub.
    The issue is the stock wheels are only 7.5" wide. The stock wheels have 6" backspace... so with your 1.5" spacers you're basically running 7.5" wide wheels with 4.5" backspace. These level 8 wheels that are 9" wide with 5" backspace will stick out 1" further than your current setup. Turn your wheel to full lock and see how close they get to the firewall (keep in mind if your tires are worn that'll make a significant difference).

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    I am trying to follow this, but not 100% sure I get it. Could I run these with the 255.75.17s I dont rub with my Rubi wheels and 1.25 inch spacers unless i hit a rock really weird, and I couldnt make it rub with the spacers and stock XK wheels
    Do you know the specs of the rubi wheels? Did a quick search and came up with 7.5" wide with 6.25" backspace. If that's the case, with your 1.25" wheel spacers you're basically running 7.5" wide wheels with 5" backspace... which means these wheels will stick out 1.5" further than your current setup.

Same as posted above, turn your tire to full lock and see if you have 1.5" of clearance (imagine the tire being pushed out another 1.5" perpendicular from the hub, into the firewall)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I want to just drive down to Discount Tire and try them on, but if they won't work I am screwed because they will not put my rubi back on (rubi won't fit without the spacer) with the wheel spacer and I won't be able to get home again.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Supporting Vendor Getting Dirty Discount Tire's Avatar
    Knappster, Call the store and speak with the manager, he may be able to work something out with you.
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Rubi wheels have 6 inches of back spacing. I was at the dealer a few weeks ago and they were selling a set and I read the offset off of the inside of the wheel. Later that day I converted it and the calculator said 6 inches.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I took Jacobs XK over to Discount Tire today and tried these on. My battery was dead in the old camera and every time I tried to take a photo with my phone the blasted thing would ring and I had to answer it.

Anyway Travis took some photos and I am sure they will make it up soon after he does some research on the tires that we tested.

We tried two different size tires and I think I can even go one larger on mine since I removed the front bumper and fender, I will check when I get back from Moab.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Supporting Vendor Getting Dirty Discount Tire's Avatar
    Thanks for coming out last week Jon. It was nice to meet you in person finally.

We test fit the 17x9 0mm offset Level 8 ZX with two different tire sizes, 265/65R17 and 265/70R17. The vehicle we tested has a 2.5" lift/leveling kit and aftermarket upper control arms. It also already had some fender liner trimming done to it.

For reference. Here's the commander with stock wheels, 255/75R17 tires, and 1.5" bolt on wheel spacers.

Test Fit #1: 17x9 0mm offset Level 8 ZX wheels with P265/65R17 Falken Wild Peak AT:

Notes: This application could be good for those with stock suspension IF the vehicle owner is willing to make some modifications. The P-metric P265/65R17 tire size is approved for a 9" wide wheel. With stock suspension (no lift or leveling kit) this application may require some fender liner trimming in the front fender wells. With 2.5" lift/leveling kit little to no fender liner modifications would be needed. Please note, additional modifications may be needed for vehicle with rear Hvac.

(Test fit vehicle in pics below has a 2.5" leveling kit/lift)

Test Fit 2: 17x9 0mm offset Level 8 ZX with P265/70R17 Falken Wild Peak AT

Notes: This application is best for vehicles with a 2.5" lift or greater. Front fender liner modifications will be required to avoid rubbing. P265/70R17 is approved for this wheel. Please note, additional modifications may be needed for vehicle with rear Hvac.

(Test fit vehicle has 2.5" lift/leveling kit)

Last edited by Discount Tire; 05-07-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Just a note for future test fitting.... there is considerably more clearance on the drivers side of vehicles equipped with rear hvac. By the looks of it, and based on the difference in clearance on my vehicle, even the 265/65/17 would probably hit the passenger side lining where the hvac lines are run.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information