Thread: Level 8 Wheels ZX!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I took Jacobs XK over to Discount Tire today and tried these on. My battery was dead in the old camera and every time I tried to take a photo with my phone the blasted thing would ring and I had to answer it.

Anyway Travis took some photos and I am sure they will make it up soon after he does some research on the tires that we tested.

We tried two different size tires and I think I can even go one larger on mine since I removed the front bumper and fender, I will check when I get back from Moab.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Supporting Vendor Getting Dirty Discount Tire's Avatar
    Thanks for coming out last week Jon. It was nice to meet you in person finally.

We test fit the 17x9 0mm offset Level 8 ZX with two different tire sizes, 265/65R17 and 265/70R17. The vehicle we tested has a 2.5" lift/leveling kit and aftermarket upper control arms. It also already had some fender liner trimming done to it.

For reference. Here's the commander with stock wheels, 255/75R17 tires, and 1.5" bolt on wheel spacers.

Test Fit #1: 17x9 0mm offset Level 8 ZX wheels with P265/65R17 Falken Wild Peak AT:

Notes: This application could be good for those with stock suspension IF the vehicle owner is willing to make some modifications. The P-metric P265/65R17 tire size is approved for a 9" wide wheel. With stock suspension (no lift or leveling kit) this application may require some fender liner trimming in the front fender wells. With 2.5" lift/leveling kit little to no fender liner modifications would be needed. Please note, additional modifications may be needed for vehicle with rear Hvac.

(Test fit vehicle in pics below has a 2.5" leveling kit/lift)

Test Fit 2: 17x9 0mm offset Level 8 ZX with P265/70R17 Falken Wild Peak AT

Notes: This application is best for vehicles with a 2.5" lift or greater. Front fender liner modifications will be required to avoid rubbing. P265/70R17 is approved for this wheel. Please note, additional modifications may be needed for vehicle with rear Hvac.

(Test fit vehicle has 2.5" lift/leveling kit)

Last edited by Discount Tire; 05-07-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Thread Information