Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selecting new Tires (Discount Tire)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty

Selecting new Tires (Discount Tire)

Does anyone have any experience with these tires???

Hankook DynaPro's

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's

Nitto Terra Grappler

Discount Tire: If you check this post...

Do you guys have any other tire types for the General Grabber.. I usually like their prices... but I will trash that HTS tire in a week.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    DynaPros are great tires... have them on the KK.

Duratracs are much better suited for offroading... i'd get those over the DynaPros if this is for an offroad rig.

Terra Grapplers.... hate them. Specifically the stupid looking "hotwheels" lightning bolts on the sidewall (i apologize if anyone has them... but i really think Nitto killed that tire with those lightning bolts)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    DynaPros are great tires... have them on the KK.

Duratracs are much better suited for offroading... i'd get those over the DynaPros if this is for an offroad rig.

Terra Grapplers.... hate them. Specifically the stupid looking "hotwheels" lightning bolts on the sidewall (i apologize if anyone has them... but i really think Nitto killed that tire with those lightning bolts)
    Yes this will become the dedicated offroad rig. It will take the replace and surpass what I had done for my XJ.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I got the Duratracs. I think they're great. The ride nice with just a little noise, not very bumpy at all. They work well off road. i dont do anything extreme so I dont know how they will do on a crawler or extreme mud rig. i air em down to 20 and they are fine for me.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    In that case you shouldn't be looking at the terra grapplers or the dynapro..... only good off-road tire in your list thus far is the duratrac.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Have you looked at the Maxxis? There reasonably priced a little noisy but you know I beat the snot out of mine and air them down to 12PSI with no issues.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    I have the duratracs and they are great off road. I have had to come to a complete stop in mud up to the rock rails and I didn't even spin the tires to get moving again. I have been on some pretty rocky trails with them, but not rock crawling so I cannot speak from that point. Can't seem to find any mountains here in Houston!

Since you are looking to make this a dedicated trail rig, I would consider something more aggressive with more spacing between the treads. The duractacs are great both on and off road. That is why I got them since my Jeep is used as a daily driver too.
    2006 Jeep Commander, 4.7L, QT2, Dark Khaki. Rocky Road lift in front (w/bilstein struts), Old Man Emu HD springs in rear (w/Old Man Emu shocks), Goodyear Duratrac 265/70's on stock rims, AFE CAI, all mopar skids. 4xguard front guard, belly guard, rock rails, and rear sliders.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Most of the guys I go wheeling with are running the new MTRs with Kevlar. If your not using this rig as your dd I would look at those or a set of Super Swamper LTBs. The LTBs are really aggressive, and are cheap
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Supporting Vendor Getting Dirty Discount Tire's Avatar
    For a dedicated trail rig, the DuraTrac is an excellent option as it is a hybrid M/T~A/T and does well in all conditions.
    Low Prices! More Choices! FREE Shipping!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Found a Lower Delivered Price?

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Is this for your ZJ? You need a good strong MT for that thing! Don't get the ATs. I am not sure how often you do any rock crawling, but I would not recommend the DuraTrac for the rocks. One of my buddies out here had them on his 4Runner and had to take them back after a short while because the lugs were chunking and ripping off. If you don't do rocks then you are fine!
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information