Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty

Hurricane Irene

I thought we should go ahead and discuss this ridiculous storm. Had to ancel all my plans. Now I have to find places to park the Jeeps. Not worried about flooding, i'm on 2nd floor. My window faces inside the courtyard over looking the pool - So i ain't worried about wind damage. This is officially my least favorite hurricane, I have seriously moved around all my plans.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Have a hurricane party! All were worried about this far inland is the wind and rain maybe knocking out our power for a little bit.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You're not in a good spot, bro. Are there and parking garages around that let people park their cars ? Norfolk does this, opens the upper floors for free. Norfolk has a lot of low lying areas. Does Greenville usually have flooding issues ? We are pretty much just concerned with downed trees and power outages. We aren't supposed to get a whole lot of rain. We're on the western side of the storm and the majority of the rain will be Richmond and further east. I always keep plenty of food and water on hand, plenty of batteries and flashlights and such. My issue is not having a generator to run my fridge and freezer and possibly losing food, that sucks. The best you can hope for is the eye to pass to the east of you like it looks like it will. You DO NOT want to be on that NE corner of the eye. We have a lot of friends down at the beach and in the OBX, a lot of friendly restaurants and shops too. We wish them all well.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I wish for safety for your families & yourselves thru out this storm AND your XK/WK's lol
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Damn, an earthquake and a hurricane within a week. Good luck and stay safe.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Come on up AJ and park one here. We'll see some rain but that's it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    You're not in a good spot, bro. Are there and parking garages around that let people park their cars ? Norfolk does this, opens the upper floors for free. Norfolk has a lot of low lying areas. Does Greenville usually have flooding issues ? We are pretty much just concerned with downed trees and power outages. We aren't supposed to get a whole lot of rain. We're on the western side of the storm and the majority of the rain will be Richmond and further east. I always keep plenty of food and water on hand, plenty of batteries and flashlights and such. My issue is not having a generator to run my fridge and freezer and possibly losing food, that sucks. The best you can hope for is the eye to pass to the east of you like it looks like it will. You DO NOT want to be on that NE corner of the eye. We have a lot of friends down at the beach and in the OBX, a lot of friendly restaurants and shops too. We wish them all well.
    Yeah, Greenville floods a lot. And the River runs adjacent to the city. There are NO parking garages in Greenville. The stupid reason behind this is that the soil will not support such structures. My family will be fine... they are all further east in Raleigh. I'm kind of the 'black-sheep' of the family. I like to be in my own city, lol. My Jeeps are 100 feet from the river bank. The Bank is a steep incline. Good news is that when the river starts to rise, it will flood north of the city before it will go south. I'm in the southern half of the city. And I can easily walk down and check on the status of the river and how much it rises because there is a bridge next to me... I'll try and grab some pics of all of this. If it starts to rise significantly I can take one of my Jeeps to the Government offices which is west of me and on a greater incline. I'll keep the other one and park it further up the bank. What I like about my current spot is it is the highest point in the parking lot and there will be very little debris to hit me.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitMarauder View Post
    Damn, an earthquake and a hurricane within a week. Good luck and stay safe.
    The earthquake epicenter is about 10 miles from me. We are still having aftershocks from that, the largest was 4.8.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I wish for safety for your families & yourselves thru out this storm AND your XK/WK's lol

X2....I've had my fair share and it's not fun. Stay safe my brotheren.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Finally got hit by the outer band it only lasted a minuet now where waiting for the main part

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information