Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Good luck guys, Hope you and your families are safe through all this.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    I was able to move both of my Jeeps on higher ground protected by a 3ft brick wall.. No trees or ridiculous signs all over the place ... I'm at the US Post Office. Sal You may recall this location. It's diagonal to where you pull in at the entrance of my place.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Here are a few pics....

View from my window.

Side of building closest to river. As you can tell it is really close.. Fall off the ledge, you will end up in the river.

Probably why they have the gate there, lol.

In this pic... on the left there is a boat in the parking lot with blue tarp over it... I had my ZJ and WK parked here.. with my WK between the boat and the ZJ. But then I realized under highwind... and possibly parking lot flood.. this boat will frick'n move and possibly smack my WK... So The thought of that bothered the heck out of me.. So I'm no longer parked in this lot.. I'm parked up higher.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Just took my friends boat out of the water. He's being evacuated as well. I might get evacuated (i think im going to be on the "edge" of an evac zone, which is close enough for me to leave!)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Well we all have one great advantage and that's some pretty bad ass jeeps to get us were we need to go or live out of. I'm glad I installed that inverter and dual batteries in the jeep. AJ I remember that your parking lot was the low ground good move on getting the Jeeps up across the street. Matt if your on the edge and have somewhere to go then just go man don't mess with it bro.

They have since derated the storm... we're pretty "safe" where we are now. I'll probably lose my direcTV and i have a feeling a few tree's in my front yard are going down... but i dont have to worry about flooding or anything. If we lose power for an extended period of time we'll shoot over to one of our parents house while everythings getting fixed

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    What's the status of you guys in the path of the storm? Is everyone doing ok?
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty HueyPilotVN's Avatar
    Our plan was to spend a couple of months running up and down the east coast. We are going to sit this Hurricane out by staying here in West Virginia until it is all clear. I am supposed to fly to Denver for a two hour meeting at the first of the week but I think the flight might be cancelled out of Dulles Monday morning.
    2007Jeep Green Limited
    4.7 Flex Fuel, Rocky Road 2.5" Lift on front, 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17
    Chrome Nerf Side Bars, K&N CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Aluminum Diamond Plate Locking Trunk installed
    Factory Roof Pod, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
    Did anyone else read the fine print in the brochure and get a $500 rebate for being a Veteran?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I feel asleep and nothing was bad enough to wake me up. It was looking like we were going to get nailed but then it turned East at just the right moment the outer rain bands of the storm are 30 miles east of me right now.

I just got done moving my lawn furniture around and other small "prep" stuff. Though i think it's going to be a tropical storm rating by the time it actually hits us here (we're at the top of Cat 1 range now).

Starting to get some rain... glad i decided to take care of outside before my coffee!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information