Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    thats what we did yesterday put all the outside stuff in the shed. Were getting some strong winds right now just no rain.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    There are easily 75+mph gusts out here... And I JUST heard a tree snap in half... Here is a pic of where my vehicles are.... nearest tree is 200ft from me.... All the debris from it is being negated by this wall... but there is a lot of tree debris on the roads.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Still waiting for it to reach annapolis. I think jager is getting it now. My parents picked the perfect time to leave for hawaii. Left a couple days ago and are gonna miss the whole shebang!

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Matt, where are you at. I saw they just declared an "emergency" in NJ for some reason. (not ny or ct) You must be south of me because it's not raining here yet.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'm just south of Rt195.

They're declaring emergencies in all of the coastal regions (and evacuating) because they're expecting a high surge, lots of rain, and its all hitting during high tide (full moon too).

Not to mention they're REALLY trying to drive home the "Get out of here" to all of the vacationers who are obviously more reluctant to leave. The sooner they leave the better otherwise we're looking at major traffic delays.
    Last edited by Knappster; 08-27-2011 at 09:29 AM. Reason: language

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Damn... lol just checked the weather again, it changed since last night. Now we're back smack dab in the middle of the Cat 1 range. Guess it didn't slow down as much as they expected. Last night we were at the very top of the Cat 1 range

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We are far enough inland ( 170 mile drive to Va Beach ) that we will get passed by , just a little breezy and a few small showers later today. Isabel came through as a tropical storm and really tore things up in '03 so dont take it lightly. We were at the beach 2 years ago during a hurricane, by the time it reached Va Beach it was a tropical storm. We didnt get evacqed at all. We walked on the beach with 45 mph winds and it felt like your legs were being sandblasted. These things are no joke.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Well you guys have fun be safe it still looks like I'm out of the woods for now. AJ looks like you have hours left to go man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Well you guys have fun be safe it still looks like I'm out of the woods for now. AJ looks like you have hours left to go man.
    I do.. It sucks. We have a lot of street flooding and fallen trees on powerlines. So, the power has been flickering all morning. I just checked on the girls, and they are still safe. Someone decided to squeeze between the wall and my WK. Some streets are closed down.

Here are some more update pics.... Large tree adjacent to my neighborhood, is split in half all over the America's fallen ... I'll probably help with cleanup on that.

Here is some debris in the street - this is all taken with my Droid and zoomed in. So I apologize for the crappy images. My girls are still safe, thank God.

Going to take some river images later with my HD camera. But I'll have to put it in a ziploc so the images may not be as good as i'd like, but they'll be better than my droid
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 08-27-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information