Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    The wind is starting to pick up a little bit here. Been raining for a few hours now. Nothing to write home about though.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Rain got pretty heavy here... but no wind yet.

Seeing that pic of the fallen tree made my gut drop a bit. Reminded me of the storm that nailed my neghborhood a few weeks back and took down ~10 huge trees like that. I picked up a new chain, bar and sprocket on Thursday for my saw... hoping I don't have to use it, but there's 3 trees on my front curb line that I think are going bye bye with this storm (and taking the power lines with them)

Matt what kind of saw do ya have?
    There is half a tree kinda resting on our plastic shed out back. Might go grab the mower out of it and put it in the garage..

18" Stihl MS250c

Got such a work out a few weeks back that I discarded the "low kickback" chain for a faster cutting chain. 2 days worth of non-stop cutting... my scrawny arms were like jello afterwards!

Stihl is an awesome brand. Used to sell them when I worked for the lawn and garden company. Im trying to remember if that is the Ez Start..? I think the EZ start is 250CE..
    that saw is perfect for home use. Powerful but not to heavy. I hated starting the EZ start saws though.

it is the EZ start.... and yeah... lol it sucks to start! i like some resistance so i can feel the engine turn over

They are great for someone who has a bad arm or shoulder. But if you are able then jesus christ is it hard! Its bad when you are starting it for the first time for a customer and you are having trouble with it!

I think its worse after trying to restart after running out of gas, when it takes a few good pulls to really get going. Then the damn thing kicks over while you're giving it a second pull and you're not ready for it, or changing the choke position. bah.

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    aj thays all you got? i already have 3 leaky windows on my 8month old home these builders suck. i knew i should have build my own house!
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJager View Post
    aj thays all you got? i already have 3 leaky windows on my 8month old home these builders suck. i knew i should have build my own house!
    Let the house get a little older. Your home just needs to 'cure'... lol. Let it get older.

The other half of that tree in the cemetery snapped off. And there are two trees in the street from my view at the entrance.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information