Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    So how's everyone doing?

It's getting pretty nasty here now. Moved the family to our 1st floor for a "slumber party" (we're smack dab in the middle of the tornado warning zone.... wind and tree's im alright with, tornados? not so much)
    lol. my wife opted for a slumber party as well. We all slept on the first floor in the living room. I was out on my porch watching the storm till about 2am. Nothing too crazy but this morningI went down to feed the dog and the basement is taking on water.

Also heard a "gurgling" coming from the basement drain which makes me think the sewer is starting to reach capacity. I don't mind some rain water getting in, but I'm gonna be pissed if the sewer backs up. So far it's just in the workshop. I have to go down every hour or so a suck it up so it doesn't reach the finished half.

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    she's a windy B. right now
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Spoke too soon last night. About 10 minutes later the transformer outside my house blew up. No power since... but it looks like my trees survived...

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Let the house get a little older. Your home just needs to 'cure'... lol. Let it get older.

The other half of that tree in the cemetery snapped off. And there are two trees in the street from my view at the entrance.
    that sux dude hopegully they will get it fixed soon. they said they wont do any work here till the wind dies down which is around noon for us
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    No problems here for me. Just woke up. Power is still on and no trees fell or landed in our yard. Glad everyone is ok.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
    lol. my wife opted for a slumber party as well. We all slept on the first floor in the living room. I was out on my porch watching the storm till about 2am. Nothing too crazy but this morningI went down to feed the dog and the basement is taking on water.

Also heard a "gurgling" coming from the basement drain which makes me think the sewer is starting to reach capacity. I don't mind some rain water getting in, but I'm gonna be pissed if the sewer backs up. So far it's just in the workshop. I have to go down every hour or so a suck it up so it doesn't reach the finished half.
    I ALWAYS hated that about North East basements. Water gets through those cement blocks like porous sand.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Is your guys waste and rain sewers on the same system up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Spoke too soon last night. About 10 minutes later the transformer outside my house blew up. No power since... but it looks like my trees survived...
    That sucks. I just found out my block is one of the few in my immediate area with electric. The streets on either side of me are out. At least I can still watch tv. But something happened to the wii last night. It won't turn on.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    I ALWAYS hated that about North East basements. Water gets through those cement blocks like porous sand.
    My house is about 100 yearss old give or take. It's been a battle over the years to waterproof it. I thought I had it locked down since it had been dry for a couple years. I guess this was more then it could handle.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    we were missed. a little rain, 1.88 in last 24 hrs. I dont mean this to be mean but I got soooo tired of hearing about NYC on the news channels. I didnt think it was going to do a whole lot up there to begin with. The news has always been more concerned with the large metro cities on east coast. They hardly even mentioned Va Beach and Norfolk area. OBX residents didnt seem to be too scared. Down this way and further south we have hurricane parties and we dont make too much of a deal over a small storm like this. Im glad everyone is ok, a little water in a basement is easy enough to clean up. A tree on the house is a different story.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Is your guys waste and rain sewers on the same system up there?
    No, not the same system. But in heavy storms I think one sytem either overflows and somehow washes into the other, or the treatment plant floods and the system backs up. IDK, I'm an electrician. All I know about plumbing is that **** runs downhill.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information