Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lights

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar

Lights

I had this idea....I activated my DRL's some time ago. They operate off highbeams at low volts. I was thinking about putting my fogs on the wire for highbeam thwn my fogs would be the DRL's and I could make them brighter. Then i could use the fog switch for highbeam. It would also allow mw to have the low and high on at the same time.

Once DRL's are activated, they can not be deactivated.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know in Va you can get a ticket for not dimming your headlights when meeting another vehicle. Will what you are thinking of doing cause problems when dimming headlights or will you simply be cutting the fogs off when you dim ? Im kinda lost if you haven't noticed. LOL
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Sure, if i had the brights on normal brights or fogs, i would dim them when someone came up whether i used the fog switch or bright switch.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    I know in Va you can get a ticket for not dimming your headlights when meeting another vehicle. Will what you are thinking of doing cause problems when dimming headlights or will you simply be cutting the fogs off when you dim ? Im kinda lost if you haven't noticed. LOL
    That is one of those unenforceable codes. You can also get tickets for not having your lights on while your windshield wipers are running. Or you can get tickets for going 5 over. Neither will amount to anything more than a warning.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    That is one of those unenforceable codes. You can also get tickets for not having your lights on while your windshield wipers are running. Or you can get tickets for going 5 over. Neither will amount to anything more than a warning.
    Yeah its tpicall not an issue, unless you highbeam a cop. LOL
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I had a cop flash me and turn his lights on but my bright weren't on I was just sagging in the back with a load nothing I could do but ignore him he kept driving.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I actually got pulled over for failing to dim to an oncoming cop when I was about 17 years old, I did dim but I did not turn off my driving lights. I got the ticket!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    I had this idea....I activated my DRL's some time ago. They operate off highbeams at low volts. I was thinking about putting my fogs on the wire for highbeam thwn my fogs would be the DRL's and I could make them brighter. Then i could use the fog switch for highbeam. It would also allow mw to have the low and high on at the same time.

Once DRL's are activated, they can not be deactivated.
    Not sure if I'm following you. You basically want to swap your hi beam and fog light harness so you control fogs with high switch and highs w/ fog???

As far as having hi and low on at the same time, that's how it is from the factory. When you turn your hi-beams on your lows stay on but your fogs power off.

Quote Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
    Not sure if I'm following you. You basically want to swap your hi beam and fog light harness so you control fogs with high switch and highs w/ fog???

As far as having hi and low on at the same time, that's how it is from the factory. When you turn your hi-beams on your lows stay on but your fogs power off.
    roughly speaking yes, that would put my drl's on the fogs.
    If I remember correctly, I will check, the lows go off when high's come on. I do not have the factory connect to the fogs.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    roughly speaking yes, that would put my drl's on the fogs.

Someone from Texas ;o) on the other forum once said that he was able to activate fogs for DRLs using an aftermarket programmer instead of going to the dealer. You might not have to mess with the wiring at all.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information