Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your XK today!?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Took the front left side apart to replace the ball joint what a PITA the tool don't work all the way with our LCA design and stuff the replacement ball joint is then to long to get back in by like 1/16" dremmel cured that. I popped the cv out not on purpose never messed with them before so I was not happy. I got the ball joint and cv back in now just need to reassemble the rest and see what I messed up. I added some grease to the cv because wrestling it back in my hands were covered in grease messed with it for about an hour before I realized cutting the bottom of the bolt solved all my problems.

This were I sit now taking a break and having a beer

I have a lot of cleaning before I continue it looks like I was rolling around in grease and it's on everything. Here is a link to the thread I used as a guide
    http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...wer+ball+joint

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Wheres the pics?!

Sorry for the delay Holaday, I did post on facebook though
    Last edited by XK N00b; 04-10-2012 at 07:05 AM.
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Took mine out for a bath, and to the dealer for the oil change and multi-point inspection. I wanted to get the inspection because the dealer I bought from was scum. They found right front strut is bad and leaking (I know this from installing the lift), I'll end up swapping out for the Bilstein's. What part number are those? They also found that the front diff mount is totally worn out. $240 for the mount and $800 in labor which means I'll be spending a Saturday on my back under the Jeep soon. Is this available anywhere besides the stealer? While at the stealer I was complimented on the Jeep and how they never see modified Commanders, then I asked about a 4" lift. This dealer uses Terraflex, but I was unaware Terraflex made a lift for the WK/XK platform. Also turns out Mopar does too, Part number P5155384. It's in their catalog at this link:
    http://www.mopar.com/assets/pdf/cata...ts_catalog.pdf
    Lifetime warranty and if they install, shouldn't affect the Jeep's warranty. Oh, I also bought a set of floormats from the stealer

Sexy, isn't she?
    2008 Overland in Black
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    $240 for the front differential bushings/mount???? Did they say which one is bad or all three of them? Two of the bushings are identical and cost a little over $20 a piece from the dealer. The third bushing/front differential mount cost a little over $100. Only the top bushing on my XK was really bad and that was the $20 bushing. A lot of people have been replacing those lately. save your self the money and do it yourself. I'll warn you know having just done mine two weeks ago that its a PITA. Make sure you have all the proper tools and something to press in/out the new bushings.

BTW that XK is SEXY! I dont know how you keep it looking mint especially if you take it off road.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    **** I didnt see em on FB my bad man.

We have a similar settup, and damn is it sexy.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Need I say more?!?!?!

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Those black arms.... Those LCA's? And from where?

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Those black arms.... Those LCA's? And from where?
    Yes, they are OEM replacement Lower Control Arms from Rock Auto. All the bushings on mine were shot as well as the ball joints.

I was going to wait until the plate was actually ON the Jeep, but I got this today and thought it was funny

2008 Overland in Black

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Lmao that's great!!!

Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast

Thread Information