Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Sucks man! any update??
4 weeks to get the replacement valve body, but..... when they dropped the pan, there was metal everywhere.
So ordered a replacement trans, bone yard, 7 work days for shipping. I'm hoping they get it today and maybe could get it done by Friday.
That way I could hop on a plane and use labor day weekend to bring her home, with maybe a stop for some hiking in the Badlands.
I'm not counting on it though. They have some work to do on it, changing the guide bushings and all the seals, and flushing the cooler.
If there is any hint of metal after flushing, I asked that they replace the cooler as well.
I should have dropped the pan while I was there, and the dealership should have too, first thing, but all indications led to it being an electrical problem.
I didn't have any thought that I burnt the trans. THe day prior to the breakdown I was all over mount pass roads. Gran Tetons to Thermopolis to Sturgis, and never felt a slip or anything, and it never overheated. Also I changed my trans fluid at 80,000 and again before I left at 120,000 more than the mfg required. At 120,000 the oil looked ok and wasn't burnt and there certainly wasnt metal in it. Total failure at 127,000. I expected way more out of it.
My oldest brother runs some dealership service departments and over a beer he just said get over it, you had 127,000 miles on it, IT JUST WORE OUT!
So a couple more beers and I've gotten over the break, but man I want my XK back, I'm driving a 2001 Ford Ranger that work gave me to use.
That was very nice of my boss. Saved me buying something else and or rental.