Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your XK today!?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Actually, last thing the Flashpaq does before finishing is, "RECALIBRATING SPEEDO." Didn't think you HAD to do that if the tires are the same size, but there you have it!
    It calibrates the speedo based on the tire size and gears YOU programmed into it. Therefore, if you have different gears or a different tire size than what you put in there, your speedometer will be off.

Since you have programmed the computer for 3.88 gears, your speedometer now assumes that you have 3.88 gears in the differentials. Since you don't have 3.88s gears, your speedometer will not match your actual speed. (it'll be off by about 4%)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I dropped the Jeep off at the dealership a little over a week ago, all of what I had requested to be done except one item. Now the one item that was not fixed was a ticking sound from the engine bay, started about a month ago. Sounds like a valve tap or something similar to that, they come back to tell me it is normal for a Hemi to make a tapping sound. They were trying to tell me that if you put 10 hemi motors side by side that each will make a different sound, I call BS on that. I asked the service guy to bring up just 5 hemi's & show me this, his response is it's only an issue with the Commander & they do not have any; Again I call BS on this. SO I said thx & picked it & dropped it off at a different jeep dealership, so lets see what they have to say. I will be posting the paper I got back to show you what a joke this was.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    isn't the exhaust headers prone to leaking which makes a taping sound?

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    ^Mine does that. One day i'll get around to it. I know where my leaks are.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    it started taping about a month ago @ about 40k miles.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    I started moving my lights last night. Finished up this morning. But now they arent working. The relay is clicking. The in line fuse is good..the stock fogs that they are tied into still work..So im at a loss there. But they look good behind the grill..Ignore the mess of wires. May have to rewire them..

\

/
    Last edited by CmmdrDan; 11-22-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Is your ground working properly? if you used crimp lugs did you get a piece of insulation in the lug and it's not connecting good? Did you really put lights on your jeep or did you just photoshop them on? If you're using photoshopped lights you have to draw in the light colors when you turn on the button....j/k
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Is your ground working properly? if you used crimp lugs did you get a piece of insulation in the lug and it's not connecting good? Did you really put lights on your jeep or did you just photoshop them on? If you're using photoshopped lights you have to draw in the light colors when you turn on the button....j/k
    I didnt even move the grounds at all. They are still in the same location tight as can be. They worked in the location they have been in..I dont know..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Get a meter and follow the power from the source to the lights and see where you loose it at the last part you passed is the bad part. Or bypass you relay just to see if they fire up your relay went bad. Double check its all wired correctly as well.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Use a meter... make sure you're getting 12v to the lights. Then double check continuity with ground.

Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information