Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your XK today!?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    If you are going off road, get the bag that covers the intake and don't go fast through the water.

Do the bags really help?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The exterior pad worn more than the interior pad?
    Inside wore faster
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Inside wore faster
    There's two common reasons the inside wears faster:
    1) The slides are severely siezed to where the caliper piston can't overcome them, which makes the inside pad do all the work. Probably not the case here since you would have noticed stuck sliders when you changed the pads.
    2) The inner pad is getting stuck in the arbor. So when the caliper releases, the pad is still riding up against the rotor.

.... and then any combination of the two with varying severity.

The remedy is to (if you haven't already done so) clean the arbor and slides really well and regrease. Upon assembly make sure that the pads can move freely in the arbor and that the caliper moves freely (side to side) when both slides are attached. NOTE: that last step is important. I've seen many instances where the slides move freely on their own, but once the caliper is installed the assembly "jams"... this is normally caused by damage; either the arbor or the caliper get tweaked from an impact which throws off the parallelism of the slides/caliper so the assembly can't move freely.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    On Sunday, Jan 8, I dropped the trans pan to fix a tiny leak from the gasket. Put in new filters while I was in there. Filled with fresh fluid. She sure does move nice with fresh lube!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    On Sunday, Jan 8, I dropped the trans pan to fix a tiny leak from the gasket. Put in new filters while I was in there. Filled with fresh fluid. She sure does move nice with fresh lube!
    Dont want Chaffing!
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    She sure does move nice with fresh lube!
    Dont want Chaffing!
    Oh boy! I think I'll behave today and leave this one alone.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    I'm sure these comments make at least a few of you snicker!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    changed the oil, rotated tires and re-torqued and put some locktight on my new spacers! 95K and still running
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Mounted up the Rubi Wheels. I like it!

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Mounted up the Rubi Wheels. I like it!
    You know the rules...Pics or it didn't happen.

I had her oil changed and filled her washer fluid. While it was up on the lift we were able to assess the failed bushings on the RR shocks. Found out they were leaking too. They've only been on for about 3500 miles too.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread Information