Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your XK today!?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Spent all day with AJ doing a few things to his jeep and added LED tail lights to my bumper compliments of AJ who also brought me a spare tire and who also pointed out my tires were wore out LOL

Last edited by Sal-XK; 02-25-2012 at 10:11 PM.

We started at the same time but I had mine cut out and done

Oh and if your going to be doing nutserts this tool rocks its the bomb no other way to do nutserts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Well my jeep sat in the driveway all day... but i know someone who:
    -Installed a 2" lift
    -Put on a sweet set of wheels/tires
    -Did the gas tank mod
    -Did the pinch weld mod
    LOL....Had a good time yesterday Matt. The Jeep looks great in the morning sunlight! As soon as I find my camera I'll snap some shots. Next time I come up there we'll have to get some of the two of them side by side. Thanks again for everything!!
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 02-26-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carn75 View Post
    LOL....Had a good time yesterday Matt. The Jeep looks great in the morning sunlight! As soon as I find my camera I'll snap some shots. Next time I come up there we'll have to get some of the two of them side by side. Thanks again for everything!!
    I had a great time. Was cool meeting you and hanging out all day to knock out that work.... i'm weird like that, nothing feels better than a long day of work (lets me relax in the evening and feel like I accomplished something that day). Looking forward to those pics man. Next time you come up we'll have to machine some roof rack mounts for ya

You'll have to measure those tires for us too- those tires looked a good bit taller than 31"!! (they looked taller than mine and mine are supposed to be 31.5)

Edit: oh yea, and my wife said it was nice to meet you too. Although it was only for a few minutes she said "he seemed like a really nice guy" when we were eating dinner. I filled her in on some of the mtb and motorcycle stories as well (oh yea, and the muddy cherokee story too! lol)
    Last edited by Matt; 02-26-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    We started at the same time but I had mine cut out and done

I was honored, to have the privileged of making a PERMANENT cut into your bumper. If I had to do it, it had to be done right, haha! But it was fun. Taking two dremmel tools to a the bumpers was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    I was honored, to have the privileged of making a PERMANENT cut into your bumper. If I had to do it, it had to be done right, haha! But it was fun. Taking two dremmel tools to a the bumpers was awesome.
    AJ the weather is going to start warming tomorrow LOL just perfect. I'm going to wait till middle of the week to change my oil now I froze enough yesterday!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Oh and if your going to be doing nutserts this tool rocks its the bomb no other way to do nutserts

Did you buy this, rent it or already own it?
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Did you buy this, rent it or already own it?
    Option 4 I borrowed it I put all the nutserts in for the one side faster then I could probably wrench one in by hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I had a great time. Was cool meeting you and hanging out all day to knock out that work.... i'm weird like that, nothing feels better than a long day of work (lets me relax in the evening and feel like I accomplished something that day). Looking forward to those pics man. Next time you come up we'll have to machine some roof rack mounts for ya

You'll have to measure those tires for us too- those tires looked a good bit taller than 31"!! (they looked taller than mine and mine are supposed to be 31.5)

Edit: oh yea, and my wife said it was nice to meet you too. Although it was only for a few minutes she said "he seemed like a really nice guy" when we were eating dinner. I filled her in on some of the mtb and motorcycle stories as well (oh yea, and the muddy cherokee story too! lol)
    Its always nice to not have to rush,have a few beers,and then have something finished in front of you at the end of the dayI was thinking the samething about the tires too! After the skids a rack will be next. I need a place for all the camping equip. and kayaks. Tell your wife thank you for me. It was nice meeting your whole family.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    AJ the weather is going to start warming tomorrow LOL just perfect. I'm going to wait till middle of the week to change my oil now I froze enough yesterday!
    Yeah Thursday and Friday look REAL good here... I may go tan. (joke). lol.

Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread Information