Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your XK today!?

Well since my shoulder decided to go on vacation, I've been tied up with doc appts all week. Today was the first I had no where to go so I changed a bad bulb and measured my tires for Matt....Guess what Matt..... 31.25" So far I'm loving them. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my area with a lifted Commander. Its funny seeing some of the looks I get!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Wow that's pretty good. Usually tires measure a good 1/2" smaller than their nominal diameter when on the vehicle. I'm not gonna measure mine.... if they're smaller ill cry! Lol

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Yeah I was 99.999% sure it had to, just haven't changed mine out yet. I have a "How to" written in my head so if/when I get a chance ill snap some pics.
    Its very easy to do but I learned the hard way when I was messing around with the front end last year. Once you take off the tire, the next thing you want to do is take off the large cv axle nut with an air compressor prior to taking the brakes or anything else off. I had everything apart and then tried doing it and the nut caused the threads to strip out on a perfectly good oem cv shaft. Whoops! Now im stuck with a not so good Napa cv cause the oem were crazy expensive.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I installed my Air Flow Snorkel last night that I scored for $100 shipped! What a pain in the butt. Kurt at Air Flow America wasnt joking when he said it would take a little fabricating due to the missing parts. It took me an hour just to make my own template so I knew where to drill all of the holes in the fender. Then about another half hour was spent fabricating the A-piller bracket. The only steel I had in my garage was my bent mopar suspension skid plate so thats what I used to fab up the bracket. I still have a few more things to address under the hood and then relocate the antenna on the drivers side fender. I'll try to post some pictures tonight when I get home.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I can't wait to see it. I bet it looks awesome!
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Will be using my XK to full capacity tonight... 7 of us are going to a bar, and I'm DD.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Will be using my XK to full capacity tonight... 7 of us are going to a bar, and I'm DD.
    We'll be expecting pics tomorrow, or it didn't happen!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    I can't wait to see it. I bet it looks awesome!
    The snorkel even completely covered the hole in the fender where the antenna used to be. I was told you could still see the hole after installation so I guess I got lucky.

Definitely looking forward to pics.

Lots of good mods on this site recently!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Definitely looking forward to pics.

Lots of good mods on this site recently!!
    And more to come!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread Information