Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your XK today!?

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Gas tank skid plate mod was a success. I got a late call last night to recover a lifted Cherokee who was burried out on the gas lines. It was very muddy back there with several crazy off camber hill climbs on the way out. The rear drive shaft no longer comes in contact with the skid plate!
    Good deal! Just saw Jim Cantore on The Weather Channel in Orchard Park a few minutes ago - you gonna snow-wheel it today?
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    Good deal! Just saw Jim Cantore on The Weather Channel in Orchard Park a few minutes ago - you gonna snow-wheel it today?
    Thats the plan!....well depending on how much snow we actually get. Weather here is crazy.. We have had several days in the 80's recently, now snow???
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Got my alignment done today my camber adjustment is maxed out now and the bolts on the passenger side for the LCA are rounded now as well not sure if I did that wheeling or the last tech did it but oh well. I had to turn down the bass boat as well we meet at the DMV and the guy had no paper work for the trailer at all. So we talked to a investigator who explained the issue and problem of getting a title to the trailer and that was enough for me. I told the dude to call me if he ever gets a title.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    wasn't today but i made my own parking.... going forward was no trouble but backing out of it i had to turn of traction control because i only had 2 or 3 wheels on the ground since the ditch was deeper than it looked

also got some stickers....
    Last edited by Lt_JWS; 04-23-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Lt_JWS View Post

That much lift, and you're still running THESE? Goodyear Silent Armor 245/75R17

It's a great looking rig, but your tires look BIGGER than that!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    245/75/17 are basically the same diameter as 265/70/17. (.14" difference in nominal height)

....that's why I'm currently running them. The width of the 265 would cause significant rubbing issues due to my wheel specs... so with the 245s I get the same diameter in a thinner tire that's therefore easier to fit.
    Last edited by Matt; 04-24-2012 at 05:02 AM.

I made mine shine 4 step process it was in pretty bad shape but it looks better now.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    You sure you take that thing off road? lol
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    You sure you take that thing off road? lol
    I should of took a before pic it was bad running your hand down the paint was like reading brail LOL I washed it (still getting mud out) two passes with rubbing compound then I waxed it and washed it again. I was to tired to get to the inside (have mud there to) and touch up the bumper paint.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    I have NEVER seen ur XK look that shiny..... WOW

Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast

Thread Information