Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your WK today!?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Do you want a "how to" for the gear swap or QT II swap?
    Yes please! although the 3:55's would be fine if were swapping and the 3:73's work with little to no issues I would guarantee AJ would want those

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Yeah the garage is a mess right now... but its easy to tell the new parts from old parts Do you want a "how to" for the gear swap or QT II swap?

Thats what were hoping. But unfortunately it still has a 3.7 liter. But between the CAI, Headers and 3.73 gears (along with the option of 4 low) he should be good to go.
    Yes, BOTH

And I agree with you, while I am shy of the 33x12.5 - This past weekend, we obviously wheeled our Jeeps. Being one of but a VERY few of 3.7L's with 285's or larger, I found that my performance made the 3.7L more capable of handling these tires while wheeling. Like It honestly felt no different than when I wheeled my 4.0HO with the 33X12.5's.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Yes, BOTH

And I agree with you, while I am shy of the 33x12.5 - This past weekend, we obviously wheeled our Jeeps. Being one of but a VERY few of 3.7L's with 285's or larger, I found that my performance made the 3.7L more capable of handling these tires while wheeling. Like It honestly felt no different than when I wheeled my 4.0HO with the 33X12.5's.
    You dont have any trouble with hill climbs and getting the tires to spin? When we were at RC coming out of Lake Christy, my buddy couldnt make it up any of the hill climbs because he just didnt have enough power (or gears) to get the tires spinning. Same thing when he tried pulling out my brother when he got stuck in his ZR2.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    When it's dry AJ has issues with hills so does Toby they over heat the trans and have to stop and sometimes if they don't have momentum they can't make the hill. I think the mud helped them with allowing them to spin putting them further in the power band. Either one of those gears would help but the QT2 is the key part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Yeah, the mud probably helped. But also, Sal, I was wheeling with the ESP entirely functional, this was always killing torque and momentum. Also, last summer my fans would refuse to come on to keep engine and tranny at low temps. Programmer resolved that. It's not a perfect set-up, but its a working one. I would not dream of trying towing someone out, lol - not the way im loaded.

But, of course gears and xcase swap will definitely Improve things A LOT.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 04-03-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Yeah its a night and day.difference with gears and having the ability to.put the t-case in 4low
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

3.73 install is complete...

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Received my skid from Knappster today - traded those dastardly headphones for his engine skid.

Pre- Paint

Will update later on today after paint and install

edit : Yes AJ those are ECU Cornhole boards
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    3.73 install is complete...
    Any codes?

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Bolted up the mopar skid from Knappster - well 3 bolts. She was a little bent. Im going to get a longer bolt and screw it in and bend it back into place.

See my garage for more pictures.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information