Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your WK today!?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    <------ that dude, yeah... he's super jealous.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Just installed some new gears in the back of my friends 05 WK. Now just need to replace his steering rack and install his new front differential. His Jeep is going to be sick!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Did you actually get in the 3.73 gears or did you just go with the 3.55?

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Did you actually get in the 3.73 gears or did you just go with the 3.55?
    Installed Motive Gear 3.73's in the rear end. The back lash ended up perfect and the install went very smooth. Got a front differential out of a 05 4.7 Liter WK with 75,000 miles on it. His jeep has 80,000 so it worked out perfect. Installed new axle seals, pinion seal and new bushings in the differential cause they were all shot. The steering rack he ordered will be in today so everything should be done tonight hopefully. In the next few weeks/months QT II will be replacing the QT I and JBA headers will get installed. He has a 4 inch BDS lift w/AEV Module (Rustys rear LCA's/BDS rear UCA's) running 33x12.5R18 Toyo MT's. He also has a Flowmaster muffler and K&N CAI.

New 3.73's all set up and ready to go.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-03-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    wow.... I hope you keep track of all the required parts, lmao. Sal and I are intending on doing the same mod for my WK later this year. If you could eventually get it all into a 'HOW-TO' that would be killer. The more detail the better!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Sounds like that's going to be a killer Jeep!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Very cool. Can't wait to see that thing!

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    So you installed 3.73's on a QT1 jeep and no codes were thrown? Or did you just clear them out?

I have 3.73 gears in my garage waiting to be installed but am afraid of the codes.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    So you installed 3.73's on a QT1 jeep and no codes were thrown? Or did you just clear them out?

I have 3.73 gears in my garage waiting to be installed but am afraid of the codes.
    He doesn't have it on the road yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    wow.... I hope you keep track of all the required parts, lmao. Sal and I are intending on doing the same mod for my WK later this year. If you could eventually get it all into a 'HOW-TO' that would be killer. The more detail the better!
    Yeah the garage is a mess right now... but its easy to tell the new parts from old parts Do you want a "how to" for the gear swap or QT II swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Sounds like that's going to be a killer Jeep!
    Thats what were hoping. But unfortunately it still has a 3.7 liter. But between the CAI, Headers and 3.73 gears (along with the option of 4 low) he should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Very cool. Can't wait to see that thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post

Yeah 3.73's have been installed in the rear of a QT I jeep thats soon to be a QT II 3.7 liter. No codes as we arent totally done with the front end. Not worried about and issues with the computer/trans...we got that all figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    He doesn't have it on the road yet.
    Correct. It should be done tonight though. It has however had the 4 inch BDS lift installed for the past 2 years with 33x12.5's. This picture was taken two summers ago after the lift was installed.

This is the same WK that has the pinch weld modification done to it. It was pushed back approx. 2 inches

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-03-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread Information