Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your WK today!?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    Went out and test drove one today, a 2008 SRT8. There's something wickedly fun about a vehicle that size that can launch itself forward so quickly and so effortlessly. It's just not right, in a evilly sick awesome sort of way However, the loos of the third row and more importantly the loss of the off road capability removes this from acceptable replacement list for the Commander. Maybe when the wife's Audi needs replaced. I had her drive the SRT as well and I'm sure a seed has been planted in the back of her mind.
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XK N00b View Post
    Went out and test drove one today, a 2008 SRT8. There's something wickedly fun about a vehicle that size that can launch itself forward so quickly and so effortlessly. It's just not right, in a evilly sick awesome sort of way However, the loos of the third row and more importantly the loss of the off road capability removes this from acceptable replacement list for the Commander. Maybe when the wife's Audi needs replaced. I had her drive the SRT as well and I'm sure a seed has been planted in the back of her mind.

Hmmm Now that I think of it I need to replace the Wife's G35x, haven't driven a SRT Jeep, I think I will have to try it out now. I have driven the Trailblazer SS, is it anything like that?
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    I haven't driven the Trailblazer. The SRT Cherokee has the bucket seats that wrap around your sides just slightly more than your buckets in the xk, not enough to make it uncomfortable or awkward, but enough to make you feel secure in them. The ride is a little lower than your stock xk/wk would be and it has sport suspension, so it's a bit stiffer and rougher than a 4wd model, though not enough to deter a purchase. It drove very tame when I was reserved with it, it would work as a daily driver. The thrill though when you open up that 6.1L Hemi, it FORCES you to giggle like a little kid. The exhaust is nice and quiet when driven like a normal car just enough rumble that you know it's there and not be a distraction though when you get WFO, it resonates through the cab with authority. I really liked the SRT but I'm an off road kinda guy so my search for a commander continues but I will be pressuring the wife into an SRT when her Audi is due to be replaced Her former father-in-law has a 03 Roush Racing Edition F-150 Stepside, it's probably hanging around the same rung as a Lightning and I would put the SRT Jeep a notch above the Roush. The interior finish was even with what you'd find in a limited, with SRT logos stiched into the seat backs and on the gauges, tastefully done up.
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Hmmm Now that I think of it I need to replace the Wife's G35x, haven't driven a SRT Jeep, I think I will have to try it out now. I have driven the Trailblazer SS, is it anything like that?
    favorite part about the SRT is jsut cruising the highway at 60 mph, and bam your going 130. Corners like a car half its size and sounds mean as hell. I could never dd one, wayyyyy to many speeding tickets.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

I have an Overland XK so I am guessing that the SRT would have the same appointments that the Overland package, so I am good with.
    Its good to hear that it is lower than the XK when stock, that's one of the biggest issues my wife has with mine, to tall.
    Just did a search & there is only one that is within 100 miles from my place for 33k on an 07 with 33k miles. Will have to look, but 33k is little over the top for me for a 4 yro car; might have to look at the S8's or 535xi.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    If you drove and enjoyed the SS, then you WILL enjoy the SRT8. It's simply better. SS has a sorry 4-speed tranny. It's awful, it's slower, and it really doesn't look all that impressive. The SRT8 is faster, 5 speed tranny makes is smoother, interior is better, looks and sounds like a power house and ranks among the worlds fastest SUV's (among BMW and Mercedes).

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    Test fit a 35" tire amd it was a success!

JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

looking good!!!!!!!!!!!
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    You taken it offroad yet?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I think there is still room...... 37's!!!!!

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information