Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: eviljager's garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I feel your pain man.. my "double" daycare payments start in January. NOT looking forward to that (but the kids are worth every penny... and the way i see it, when they're finally done daycare we're going to feel like we're rich!)
    Matt and Evil,
    Hate to be the one to break it to you, but... IT DON'T GET ANY CHEAPER!
    You probably have a few years after day care to save some money, or spend it on XK stuff, at about 4th, 5th or 6th grade your screwed.
    That's when the clothes start and the $100 dollar shoes that only last a few months and so on. If you have an athelete on your hands get ready.
    My best friend has 3 daughters his oldest the same age as my only son. We were both bit**in the other day on what we spend.
    My son is 16 now I got the car thing goin on, tired of being the chauffer, so I'm buying it. He is a soccer player HS and club, that's an easy $1,500. He plays HS baseball and premier baseball. Me and my wife figured premier baesball is an easy $7,000 with our travel and hotels and stuff.
    Now all these things are FUN for all of us, so I'm not complaining, for the most part all the money was worth it and he has really developed as a young man because of the sports. He has really learned some good life lessons.
    A college scholarship would be GREAT but.... we know, reality, he is better off staying a good student. There is way more college money for being smart.
    Ok, this sucks, this will be his 4th year playing for his premier baseball team, thats $28,000. OUCH!
    Anyways, sorry for being the one to break it to ya, but your better off hearing it now!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Lol I'm well aware of those "upcoming" expenses. Though my kids will do the same thing that both my wife and I did and pay for their cars. The nicer of a vehicle they want, the harder they better work!

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Lol I'm well aware of those "upcoming" expenses. Though my kids will do the same thing that both my wife and I did and pay for their cars. The nicer of a vehicle they want, the harder they better work!
    Same with mine. I hated my parents at the time for it, but in the long run I can see the positives
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Senior Member Getting Dirty ScorpionCrawler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Same with mine. I hated my parents at the time for it, but in the long run I can see the positives
    Many positives to earning your keep and a car.
    This was a huge debate with my wife, let's say she won, with my agreement, times are really different.
    The biggest thing is putting a young driver in something that is safe, with all the latest technology and that means newer. The safety technology in a car that he could afford is way different than what is available. So yep he is getting a car on my dime.
    I'll feel better when he starts pulling out of the driveway on his own.
    Now he does have to pay for other things, cell phone, music downloads and all the video games. Gas and half the insurance is on him.
    He pulled his wallet out the other day and offered to by dinner. I think he may be off to a decent start.
    I made it clear this will be his only car from me and I suggested that he makes it last thru college.
    On my 18th birthday, sr in HS, my dad said to me Happy Birthday, by the way you owe me $210 a month rent from now till your out of the house.
    Anyway... have fun.
    (Out, we hijacked Evils garage thread)
    Last edited by ScorpionCrawler; 08-30-2011 at 11:20 AM. Reason: add

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    NOOOOO haha....

yea my parents gave me a hammydown car worth $500. then after that it was up to me. at the most i will match half of ehat my kids save for their Jeep haha yea i said JEEP
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I bought my first car, but when my son is old enough (14 more years) he will either get a hand me down from my wife & I or a solid used from my dad.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Hmmmn... I was spoiled I guess.

My father got me a badass car when I was sixteen and paid for all the parts for the restoration. Then when I got my license I was given a gas card. lol Gotta say, I thought life was great and I appreciate the fact that I was allowed to enjoy those first few years driving with no worries.

In my defense, I wrestled all year round (except football season) and I did work my ass off for the family business in the summer.(all spending money)

I also got a partial scholarship to wrestle in college so that was sort of a pay back I guess.

The wife wants the kids to pay for their own but, if they're involved in sports and get good grades I'm gonna hook em' up regardless of what the wife says. You only get to be a kid once. They'll have plenty of time to worry about bills and insurance when they're out on their own.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Happy to see your thread up, Chris.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My parents helped me get my first car , after that it was all on me. We bought a new Altima June 2010. I told my daughter who was 6 at the time, help take care of the car cause that is going to be her first car. We seem to keep a car about ten years. That thing has 30K miles on it in one year, probably wont be around in 9 more years. LOL . If the child shows some resposibility and respect as they become a teenager then I wouldnt mind buying their first car, then its up to them.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    I think I already told Chris or Dan when I get a kid, I only want one. Boy preferably. If he wants a Jeep, I will pay for it. If he wants anything else it comes out of his pocket, lol. But as long as he's doing well academically, and loves his old man - there is nothing I wouldn't get for him. And, yes, there is a fine chance he will be spoiled rotten.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information