Thread: Just felt an earthquake in Detroit

Junior Member Looking for Dirt CrunchyWizard's Avatar

Just felt an earthquake in Detroit

I felt my building move... Only lasted a couple seconds, but there was a definite shake happening. My wife's building moved, too so it's not just me.

I don't see anything in the news about it yet; hopefully we didn't feel the edges of a bad one farther away.

So - who else felt the earth move today? (and remember it's a family site)
    2006 Jeep Commander Sport 4.7 4x4 QT-II
    BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM LT255/75R17 - 2" Rough Country Lift - 1.5" Spidertrax spacers - Get Lost 4x4 Front Bumper - Heavy Duty MOPAR Receiver - WeatherTech Mats

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Supposedly it was felt here in Buffalo too but I left work early so I didnt feel it. Was the main earthquake in Detroit? I heard it was in Quebec.

EDIT: Just watched the news. I guess the quake was in Ontario/Quebec and tremors were felt in Detroit. According to the news it was a 5.5 which can be felt over 300 miles away.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 06-23-2010 at 11:43 AM.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt CrunchyWizard's Avatar
    Here's a link to the location, intensity and a place to report what you felt (if you did): USGS

No reports of any damage or injuries in the earthquake zone.
    2006 Jeep Commander Sport 4.7 4x4 QT-II
    BFG Mud-Terrain T/A KM LT255/75R17 - 2" Rough Country Lift - 1.5" Spidertrax spacers - Get Lost 4x4 Front Bumper - Heavy Duty MOPAR Receiver - WeatherTech Mats

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/wor...=widgetmpvideo

The main speaker was pretty calm but you could see everyone else running to get out.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I heard about it. Didnt feel it, but my wife did...her office is about 10 miles north of me. She said it was an Erie feeling

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    A colleague of mine from work who lives north of Albany, NY said she felt that quake!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Thread Information