Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Superacerc's Gun Locker

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar

Superacerc's Gun Locker

I figured I'd follow IamJeep's lead. We could probably start a new sub-topic (like the my garage in pictures category) hint hint.

I was raised in Rural GA (Hephzibah to be exact). It's a bit south of Augusta GA. From my back porch since i was about 5 my dad had taught me to shoot and be responsible with weapons. I started with the daisy BB gun like so many others shooting at paper plates with circles drawn on them and soda cans. This was one of my favorite pass times to do with my father. Whenever he was home in the evenings maybe 2 times a month we'd go out and shoot BBs.
    For my birthday one year (8th I think), my Grandpa (dad's father) bought me a CO2 pellet pistol. That was really my first time shooting a pistol. I still have that gun and it works great to this day. Here it is:

Since that time I've bought and sold many guns as they suited my fancy (which translates roughly into "When my wife lets me".
    Some of the ones I've had that i no longer own or have pictures of are:
    -Taurus PT111Millineum Pro. Love that gun and had the Tritium Night Sights on it. 9mm. Just sold that one to a buddy here in Houston.

-Taurus 745 Pretty much the same exact gun as the PT111 except it was a .45.

-Keltec P-32. palm Sized .32 caliber that held 6+1. Great pocket gun. My dad is now the proud owner of that one.

-Keltec P-3AT Same as above but the .380 caliber version.

-1940's model Browning/Remington Speedmaster. This was quite a collectors piece of a .22LR. My dad picked it up at a garage sale from a woman who's husband had recently passed. Paid $60. It was worth $450+. My dad made a deal with me that if i could get all A's on my Report Card he'd let me have it. My dad has this one in GA right now cause I temporarily traded him for a newer Remington Speedmaster with a scope because i wanted to use it for Squirrel hunting. You couldn't mount a scope to the older one without modifying it and that was out of the question. It's still mine but i don't keep it around here. Here's the one i've currently got in my safe:

My Current Guns include these as well as the pics you've seen above:

My CZ82 (From the 1980's former soviet block police issues). Shoots a 9x18mm Makarov round. Loves steel ammo so it's cheap to shoot.

A junky .22WMR (commonly referred to as a .22 magnum) It is german and based off a ruger but it's not a name brand. My dad gave me this one. My mom used to carry it camping.

My favorite pistol I own. A Ruger MKIII Target Pistol with red dot sight. It's got the bull barrel and fiber optic fixed sights. I can easily hit a 5 inch circle at 75-100 yds with the red dot sight and even better when used with the pistol scope.

My Ruger P95. It's a 9mm Double single action with an open hammer in the rear. I love this pistol as well even though it's not anything too special. It just feels nice to shoot.

Now for the Rifles:
    Got this at a pawn shop going out of buisness for $135. Didn't look like it had ever been used much. Mossberg 500, 24" barrel, semi full choke. Great for Turkey, or shooting clays.

Here's my SKS. It's a Norinco model (Chinese). Shoots a 7.62x39mm round. (same as an AK). I picked this up from my best friend's dad who was selling it at they're garage sale. $180. Monte Carlo Stock that I made tan. Has a compensator on the end.

The one you've all seen is the AR15. Picked up the whole package (with no mods) for about $550. (Assembly was required and batteries were not included).

Remington 700 SPS tactical length .308. My favorite rifle that I own. I hand load my own rounds for this. Superb to shoot!

That's all for now. Hope you've enjoyed the story.
    Last edited by superacerc; 09-01-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Assortment of rounds ready for a trip to the Range when i went last Feb.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Nice collection
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    I figured I'd follow IamJeep's lead. We could probably start a new sub-topic (like the my garage in pictures category) hint hint.
    I will talk to the owner and see what I can do
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Thanks. Nothing i own is super high money stuff. It's all things I could afford but offered reliability and quality for the price. I try to research a huge amount before making any gun purchases and get the best of what i can get for how much i can spend.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    I like your thread title better than mine, I might have to change it now. LOL....

Nice collection bro, I want to get a 700 in the near future (gotta start sweetening the lady little by little). That Mossenberg(sp?) has a nice camo on it..... Did you spray it yourself?

The Matklll is on my must have list, as well as the SKS! Bro, we might have the same gun locker pretty soon....LOL!

PS: Do you have a C&R liscence? If so, what does it take to get one and $?
    Last edited by IamJEEP; 09-02-2011 at 07:44 AM.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

The mossberg came from the factory like that I would assume. I love that MKIII more than just about anything i've got. It's cheap to have ammo for and if you can shoot it accurately it can also be deadly with great shot placement. The SKS is probably the most reliable gun i've got. It will shoot without jamming in a seemingly endless manner. Doesn't care how dirty it is or how many shots i've already fired. Just keeps truckin.

I don't have my C and R. My dad and my father in law have theirs though. It's basic paperwork you can do through the ATF. The trouble is finding the right person to send you the paper work. It's hard to find info on them (at least in GA). It's a great thing to have though. My buddy that works with me is a Class III dealer. He just wanted to be able to buy what he wanted and have it shipped to his house so he got the liscence. Anything i find online I just have him purchase at cost for me. It's a nice deal.

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    The mossberg came from the factory like that I would assume. I love that MKIII more than just about anything i've got. It's cheap to have ammo for and if you can shoot it accurately it can also be deadly with great shot placement. The SKS is probably the most reliable gun i've got. It will shoot without jamming in a seemingly endless manner. Doesn't care how dirty it is or how many shots i've already fired. Just keeps truckin.

I don't have my C and R. My dad and my father in law have theirs though. It's basic paperwork you can do through the ATF. The trouble is finding the right person to send you the paper work. It's hard to find info on them (at least in GA). It's a great thing to have though. My buddy that works with me is a Class III dealer. He just wanted to be able to buy what he wanted and have it shipped to his house so he got the liscence. Anything i find online I just have him purchase at cost for me. It's a nice deal.
    The SKS is sweet bro, I want one. I want to apply for the C&R so I can get some of those sweet old school rifles/pistols. I've seen a bunch I want starting with the Mosin Nagant. Trying to buy one off my buddy that has a few in his locker, just doesn't want to let go....LOL.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Too bad you don't live here in houston. I could get it at cost for you. The MNagants run about $80 for a 91/30 and up to 200 for the 40s carbines. My buddy was trying to get me to buy a carbine on wednesday cause they're getting a little more scarce.

Yeah saw them on classicarms.com for that price for a round reciever 91/30. About $10 more for the hex ones. I actually texted him a bit earlier and he said he will order one for me, just needs to get off his ass do it! LOL...

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information