Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My XK's first time at the Beach

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar

My XK's first time at the Beach

I didn't have a lot of pictures or any action shots or anything but it was fun to drive on the beach and through some of the deep sand and tide pools. When i was about to leave there was a Toyota Camry that tried to come out on the beach. The area that we were in was an unimproved area where no houses were at so the entrances through the dunes were unimproved and super deep and sandy and most required you to drive through a minimum 1 foot deep tide pool. Well the camry didn't make it past the sand before it high centered and was completely stuck. I stopped and pulled the guy out of the sand (luckily without damaging his car very much). A toyota camry doesn't have any great places to tow it from the rear so i had to be extra gentle and pull from the center of the rear wish bone area. Still not a great spot. 4 low pulled it out without trying. The guy and his older mother were quite thankful to get themselves out of that tight jam. I was about 30 minutes into the middle of nowhere without any close cities. I don't think He'll be trying to take the camry on the beach any more.

2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    That looks like a lot of fun! I really wish I did not live in the Dead Center of the country. XK looks BA as well
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Thanks. We had lots of fun. The xk did great in the thick sand! I suppose I'll never live very far from the coast. Not by choice really, just the nature of my job.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    great pics
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Awesome! You should of gotten some rescue pics tho. LOL..
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

I would have but the guy was pretty distraught as it was and to pull him out i had to stop traffic and pull backwards and my jeep was blocking traffic at times so i was in a bit of a rush.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Dude.. silver XK looks stunning on the beach... hope you guys had fun!

Thanks, It's actually kinda tan metal flake colored. Not sure of the exact color name. It does look silver in the pics though.

love it....wish we had some beaches to drive on here, lots a beaches but no cars allowed....all we have to make do with is green tree-lined trails, mountains...rocks...mud
    '07, 4.7L, QTII, 2" lift, T-boddy spacer, flowmaster 40, HID's, CB, JVC nav/DVD, 245/75/17 Wrangler Territory's, Superchips, 6' roofrack with 8 lights, LTD grab handles, rear storage compartment, chassis rock lights, clinometer, yadda, yadda, yadda

Senior Member Getting Dirty sean112280's Avatar
    What do u do that it keeps you by the coast?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information