Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Giant (ZJ Build)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty

Green Giant (ZJ Build)

The beginning of some really awesome things were initiated this weekend. The first was officially starting some mods for the ZJ. I'm going to post a few stock pics first for comparison.

Phase 1 - Replace

Tires were placed on, as you can tell. The tire is kissing my bumper right now. Recommended size for 2" BB is a 31x10.5. or about a 265/70/16 tire. We are stuffing 265/75/16's under these wheel weels. This is just shy of a 32" tire. 32" tire is really meant for a 3"+ lift for these things. As a result.. extensive trimming will be needed.

Decided to do a little preliminary testing here for the tire

Tire is almost a foot off the ground, with room for more stuffing.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 09-06-2011 at 02:21 PM.

We stopped for a very DELICIOIUS treat prepared by Sal's amazing wife (warm apple pie with whipped cream!) my God. I told Sal, if the Jeep fell on me and I died. I would have died a happy man.

Phase 2 - Customize (lol)

As previously mentioned, the tires were clearly rubbing the bumper up front. This had to be fixed. Sal and I spent about an hour picking the perfect line that would make the cut both effective and attractive. We came up with an excellent compromise that we were both very pleased with. Pics below. The rears required NO trimming.

In addressing the cuts, we also significantly improved the approach angle. (to be expected). Pictured below IS a 50 degree approach angle.

Garbage we removed. Also not pictured is the rear sway bar which we entirely removed. The front and rear bump stops are out. And the front swaybar is disconnected. I will remove it later this week.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 09-04-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Phase 3 - Test the results
    We took this baby out, dropped her in 4LO, and looked for some places to test our hard work. Pictured below there is absolutely no rubbing anywhere in this picture. We have excellent stuffing here.

Still working on some numbers for how much I actually gained from the BB and tires. But I'm going to trow at a number of around 3.5" combined.

XK, XJ, and ZJ grace Sal's front yard - lol.

Last edited by AJeepZJ; 09-04-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I can't wait to see what comes next..... I wish i had a project jeep.....well other than the XK.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lastly, there are no words to describe the amazing hospitality I received at Sal's home. His family are an AMAZING group of people. I know he is extremely proud of them and I have no idea how he restrains himself from bragging about them. Thanks Sal, it was just an awesome weekend.

aj

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    We had fun gave my new floor a work out LOL. I was pretty impressed with the amount of flex that Jeep got and it looks a ton better now to.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Looking good bro! Sal, you are the man for hooking a fellow Jeeper out with garage space. Come to think of it, I believe everyone here would do the same.....I know I would if I had a garage.

She's looking perdy AJ.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    great job guys
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    I can't wait to see what comes next..... I wish i had a project jeep.....well other than the XK.
    I'll probably get some disco's some time next month. And I'll be ordering a 4.5" after that in a couple months.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Looks great! Cool project!
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information