Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factory rim question.

Member Looking for Dirt Holbie99's Avatar

Factory rim question.

I found a set of factory Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 17 inch rims(this is how they are advertised) for sale and wanted to pick them up for a extra set in the future. The question is will they fit my 2006 Commander without any modification and will the tire pressure sensors work. Any help would be much appreciated.
    2006 65th Annivesary Edition Commander. 3.7L, Rough Country 2 inch lift, Mopar roof basket.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Do you know what year Rubicon?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    They will fit but I think you need to run spacers to clear the caliper I think 1/4" is the smallest spacer you can use. Someone confirm the spacer is needed other then that you will have no problems man.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Aren't the earlier rubi's 5x4.5 bolt pattern?

Thanks for the quick response. I am working on getting the year. The ad had limited info and a picture.
    2006 65th Annivesary Edition Commander. 3.7L, Rough Country 2 inch lift, Mopar roof basket.

Not sure if the link worked. However this is the add. http://capecod.craigslist.org/pts/2528820248.html
    Last edited by Holbie99; 09-14-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Those look like mine, I have the Rubicon rims but you do have to run spacers to clear the brakes.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I've got a set of .25 inch spacers i'm not using if you need em. Just pay shipping.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Just saying, those look like the 2006 and before Rubicon rims. For those years the rims were 16 inches and would not clear the brakes. Make sure they are 2007 or newer and 17 inches
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Just saying, those look like the 2006 and before Rubicon rims. For those years the rims were 16 inches and would not clear the brakes. Make sure they are 2007 or newer and 17 inches
    Listing title says 17 but it is always safe to double check.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information