Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    Get a sl and call it a day lol
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJager View Post
    Get a sl and call it a day lol
    Too bad the SL uses the stock springs/struts... so i'd have the same issue even if I did get the SL (yet another reason I wish they would give us spring/strut upgrade options like they do for other vehicles that they have lifts for!)

I was thinking about it today and think that the OME MD springs may actually be the best solution for me. Since I have a 5.7L XK (heavy), the MD springs would probably just compensate for all my added weight and therefore also work with either the RC spacers or SL (in the future). Kind of like if SL offered a spring upgrade.

This may be a good reason to replace/upgrade my 4+ year old stock struts... get a set of the Monroe Reflex (quality monotubes) and a set of the OME MD springs. Actually would get some fresh mounts/isolators and just assemble everything outside of the vehicle so it'd be a quick swap in. Then with that, I should be good to go next year when I plan on installing the SL and none of the parts will go to waste.

(Edit: just noticed that the Reflex shocks are monotubes... it looks like the struts are low pressure twin-tube, so i'd probably go with Bilstein HDs)
    Last edited by Matt; 09-07-2011 at 02:44 PM.

Its bugging me too much... so I ordered the JBA spacers for the time being.

I'll be keeping my eye out for someone selling some OME springs. When its time to replace my struts I'll do struts+springs... put that on my list of desired mods for the springs

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    My struts got replaced for free when I bought the Commander, its just tough to replace something that is still working good. I am soo happy every time I look at it, now that it sits level
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

lol i hear that! but my struts are going on 5 years... so it wouldn't be too bad replacing them since its not like they're brand new or anything.

I was outside this morning checking everything out. I just can't believe how much the front end came down. My only other problem is that the spacers still will only bring the front back up 1/2". It's too bad jager already sold those OME springs/shocks

Thread Information