Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: suggestions?

Senior Member Getting Dirty sean112280's Avatar

suggestions?

Looking to get some new, more aggresive tires for my XK. It is not lifted and I have the stock rims. Im getting ready to pcs to ft lewis,wa from md. So i would like to change out my tires. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks,
    Sean

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    How aggressive you looking to go?

The general grabber at2 are a good all around AT tire and have done well offroading for me. I also like the hankook dynapro atm.

On the more aggressive side of things I think the Goodyear DuraTracs are hard to beat for a mainly DD vehicle with occasional offroading.

Im looking for a decent tire. The xk is my DD and lil off road use. I will look at the tire you have suggested especially the duratracs. Thank you Matt for the suggestions.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    THe new Falken All terrains got a really good review. I have run the BFG All Terrain K/O on my old blazer. Got about 60,000 miles on them and they were great for all sorts of wheeling.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'm running maxis big horns MT awesome off road tire a little loud on road though. But what can you expect with a aggressive tire. Pretty reasonably priced as well and wearing out perfectly even all the way around.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I have the Mud Terrain SXT from Les Schwab & have been very pleased with them. mine is a DD as well & does a great job of pulling dual duty (a little loud)
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Thank you all for the great suggestions! I will be looking around at all of these.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I can vouch for the Duratracs. Their only fall back is in the rocky stuff cause their sidewalls aren't very tough. I've seen a rock eat right through a new set. They had good traction though.
    I like my BFG KM2s. They are quieter than most AT tires and definitely the maxxis and super agressive as well. You don't really notice them in an XK unless you have the windows down. If you don't do much offroading though they are a bit overkill (unless you're in the snow a good bit).
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    Ive had good luck with my cooper discoverer stt's

Glad to see another marylander in the house!
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Nitto Terra Graplers<------great for on road use and ok for lite offroading. There are twi ratings....one has a softer sidewall (like mine), the other is for HD with a much stiffer sidewall. Quiet A/T tire on road.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information