Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Brand: Toyo
    Model: Wild County M/T
    Size: 265\70\17, 10 ply radial
    Price: $1,400 installed (All four)
    Wheel used: Ultrasport
    Lift: Rocky Road 2.25" Spacer
    Spare: Factory OEM 245/60/17 (And it's a gripe because the spare tire space won't allow anything larger)

After this last weekend in Colockum Wildlife Wilderness, I can say I do like them A LOT.

Road: On the road, they aren't all that loud, but they're certainly not quiet either. It's a pleasant noise, and at 60 MPH, they ''phase hunt'' much like flying in a twin engine aircraft as one engine is always a few RPM higher/lower than the other. It just creates somewhat of a ''rolling sound shift'' around you. The low pitch howling changes while cornering. If you want super quiet tires for road trips, these are not for you.

Rock: Heaven knows we did rocks this weekend. Miles and miles of man-head sized rocks in the ''road'' with a lot of triangle shaped rocks sticking up. 10 MPH is going fast on these roads. That's where 10 plies comes in. I can't see that 100 miles of that stuff has done anything to these tires. And, they lock into the surface while climbing like gear teeth. There's zero slippage.

Sand: We got a good try out on sand on the way there. There's dunes near Beverly on hwy 240. Last trip to the same general area, we ventured up a sandy road heading up into a canyon. At a steep spot, we had to give it up and back out, or we would've been frame buried. (We're talking about a good 15% grade here) Tried the same road this time out, and crawled right on up. They just get down and dig. They seem to move enough sand backwards to keep you moving onwards. I could feel the Jeep actually drop into the surface, which is nerve racking, but it just goes and goes. As for airing down, we didn't bother as it just kept climbing in the stuff that was too soft to walk in.

Mud: The only mud I've seen is in a farm circle road the same day the tires were installed. I didn't get out and walk it first, but it was pretty soft. The circle pivots were watering it down like rain, and I wasn't getting out! It wasn't enough to really tell what they are capable of, so like snow, a review will have to wait 'til later.

I did have to cut back the inner fender well. It's thin plastic, so a utility knife works. They got a good test last weekend, and no rubbing.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 09-07-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Thread Information