Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Brand: Nitto
    Model: Terra Grapplers A/T 113S
    Size: 265\70\17
    Price: New-$170 each
    Wheels: Fuel Hostage 17x8.5
    Lift: 2.25" RR Spacer lift
    Spacers: N/A
    Road review- Very quiet, Great on road traction wet or dry, smooth ride.
    Mud Review- N/A
    Rock Review- Not so good, struggles for traction on loose rocks, sidewall too soft, punctured one tire and took a chunk out of the another one on one trip, I would suggest getting the Trail Grapplers for more aggressive off roading
    Sand Review- N/A
    Snow Review- N/A
    Air down Review: It's a must, at least to 15psi to get the best traction on these tires

****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Thanks guys the links are all up to date Keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Rock Review- Not so good, struggles for traction on loose rocks, sidewall too soft, punctured one tire and took a chunk out of the another one on one trip, I would suggest getting the Trail Grapplers for more aggressive off roading
    Caleb after watching you run those tires on the trails and considering the price of them as well I can safely say I would never purchase those tires. Hopefully this thread will help you pick out nice looking tire that performs as good as it looks next time around.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Caleb after watching you run those tires on the trails and considering the price of them as well I can safely say I would never purchase those tires. Hopefully this thread will help you pick out nice looking tire that performs as good as it looks next time around.
    Yeah bro, when its time for new rubber I will be studying this thread closely. So, everyone needs to post up thier reviews!
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapman89 View Post
    Brand: Bridgestone
    Model: Dueler Revo 2
    Size.....Overall review: A great tire for the guy who doesn't visit the trails that often. However you will be confident on the trails, I have yet to experience any problems. I would definitely recommend this tire!
    I replaced my stock fortera's with this tire and had no complaints at all. I wanted a little more agressive tire is the only reason I changed out.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar

HANKOOK Dynapro M/T

Brand: Hankook
    Model: Dynapro MT
    Price: New-$216 each on Discount Tire Site
    Wheels: OEM
    Lift: 2" OME
    Spacers: 1/4"
    Road review- Reasonably quiet, Great on road traction dry, would slip a little when wet roads were encountered. Unless aired down to a much too grippy point they were pretty solid feeling with the E load rating (80psi is the max on these tires!! whoa!) Over all a rough but not too loud ride.
    Mud Review- Pretty good but not quite as well suited for this terrain (3 of 5 stars)
    Rock Review- Amazing. With these tires aired down they had no issues with rocks and the sidewalls were tough as nails!!! Never had any slippage really climbing rocky ledges.
    Sand Review- N/A
    Snow Review- N/A Note These tires are stud-able for snow/ice use. Check out the holes in the tread on the picture!!
    Air down Review: On the trail it's a must to air these down. The tire is so rigid at a higher road use psi that it can't conform to the rocks and soft ground very well and will spin some on rocks and will tear up soft ground (mushy grassy surfaces) quickly with no traction. On the road if you have them aired down too much they grip the road too well and cause heavy wear and might contribute to rolling an SUV if you had to turn quickly (not likely though with sway bars connected unless put into extreme situations) However if you have them aired up to a normal setting they ride very rough. Almost need 55 psi to keep them from getting too grippy!

I'd reccommend these tires for something like an F-250 or 350 where you need a high psi tough sidewall tire for heavy loads. They work great on our jeeps but not the best available. Over all pretty quiet tire on the Commander cause of it's decent sound dampening.

Last edited by superacerc; 09-23-2011 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Added Snow Stud info.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Main post is up to date thanks guys. Keep them coming we have a pretty good list going.

Lifetime Member Looking for Dirt wmjacobsjr's Avatar
    I replaced the Forteras with Cooper Discoverer ATRs on my black 07 XK 4.7 Sport and I was very impressed by them. I ran them in the snow and they were great. Never got to off-road them because I wrecked it a month before an outing. When I got my 06 XK Hemi Limited I replaced the Forteras with Hankook DynaPro ATMs. I have off-roaded them and run them in the snow and they performed great Both sets were the stock size 245/65/17. Due to bending a lower control arm, the Hankooks have worn unevenly and need to be replaced. I am going to replace the Hankooks with the new Cooper Discoverer AT3 in 255/70/17 in about 3 weeks. I will let everyone know how they handle off-road after November Jeepskool.
    Old: 2007 Black XK Sport - Wrecked
    2006 Greystone Limited XK - Traded-in
    New: 2012 Dodge Charger R/T

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.
    Prof. Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Mud Terrain SXT
    Brand: Dean Tires
    Model: Mud Terrain SXT
    Price: 200 Each
    Wheels: OEM
    Lift: 2" RC
    Spacers: 1.5”
    Road review- They feel solid and you do hear them (Not like the swampers, but you do hear them)
    Mud Review- Love the grip
    Rock Review- Also love the grip here
    Sand Review- Have not had them in sand yet
    Snow Review- Last year with all the snow it was able to get me farther than the rest of the rigs I was running with, so I love them. Also they can be PINed so that should tell you something.
    Air down Review: Soft sidewalls, so when I tried 15 psi I was all over the place, so brought it up to 25 psi it helped but I learned I don’t feel good about going below 30 psi on these.

Note I want to say; these are Load E rated & I normally run about 40 all the time. Al in all I am happy with them.

Also this will show you how it handles in the slippery mud going down a steep incline with 7 people in the XK
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 10-01-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: to add the video
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I'd say from that video that you had the best traction out of the group (and the nicest rig!) Cool review! I'd never heard of those.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information